Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yoshimura tail tidy

brasscycleworks

Anyone using Yoshimura tail tidy?

video_LED_turn_signal_thumbnail_47e23220

This kit removes the stock fender that is heavy and bulky and cleans up the back of the Tenere 700 nicely. New kit incorporates our new Shrink Solder Connectors and our new and improved weather tight light housing, and brighter...

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good.  Mine arrived last Friday, didn't get a chance to put it on yet hopefully this weekend. Where in PA are you?  I'm in North East PA.

1 hour ago, Alec said:

Here is the Yoshimura fender eliminator with my Huzar exhaust. Overall, I’d highly recommend it! 

ECEFFACA-9450-4239-A21D-BE2AE0F270C6.jpeg

DE585F60-EDC1-45A7-B000-99D66566ED85.jpeg

F63B7704-8CAB-4C86-AD6C-9790D1B1C76A.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Alec said:

Thanks and you’ll be happy with yours once you get it installed. I’m located in Lancaster PA. Ever hear of it? 

3 minutes ago, Alec said:

Thanks and you’ll be happy with yours once you get it installed. I’m located in Lancaster PA. Ever hear of it? 

I'm from Wesleyville but live in Colorado now...

1 hour ago, Alec said:

Here is the Yoshimura fender eliminator with my Huzar exhaust. Overall, I’d highly recommend it! 

ECEFFACA-9450-4239-A21D-BE2AE0F270C6.jpeg

DE585F60-EDC1-45A7-B000-99D66566ED85.jpeg

F63B7704-8CAB-4C86-AD6C-9790D1B1C76A.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Alec said:

Sure did, even been to Lancaster a few times. If you would like to ride sometime, I have created a Cross Pennsylvania Adventure Trail that spans from Damascus township (NE corner of the state) to Lake Erie 620 miles route, 80% dirt roads. I also host day rides, mostly around  Bloomsburg area.   

• Like 1

@brasscycleworks

Yes! That would be an awesome adventure! You should DM me more information with your number and we can set something up. My bike should be ready for a long haul within a few weeks. So excited to see what this thing can do. 

• Like 1

I almost bough the carbon fiber fender eliminator / plate hider from 007plate.com, just not sure I wanna spend the money.  They say their gadget is universal for any bike.  When I emailed them they told me best way to install it is to remove the stock license plate bracket completely.

Edited by myten

1 hour ago, myten said:

I almost bough the carbon fiber fender eliminator / plate hider from 007plate.com, just not sure I wanna spend the money.  They say their gadget is universal for any bike.  When I emailed them they told me best way to install it is to remove the stock license plate bracket completely.

It is hard to think of a better way to attract the attention of law enforcement officers.

Edited by electric_monk

Lol, you don't have to use the novelty flip feature, neither was I.  If you dont use it there is nothing suspicious about that fender eliminator.  I just like the carbon fiber and cnc aluminum look

• 2 weeks later...

Did they come with the turn signal plates?  On yosh site it says they are sold separately.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I was lucky enough to buy my T7 used (at a substantial discount 🙂) and it came with this Yoshi Tail Tidy which I like and is very well built. I subsequently ordered a Camel auxiliary fuel tank and found these two items are not compatible. The Yoshi interferes with the rear mounting bracket for the tank. In my case I was able to cut the Yoshi bracket and weld in the tank bracket but of course this is not an option for many.

So I just wanted to inform the group if you're considering adding the Camel tank it would be best to buy the Camel tail tidy as well since it is compatible.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 5:38 PM, Tenererian said:

I was lucky enough to buy my T7 used (at a substantial discount 🙂) and it came with this Yoshi Tail Tidy which I like and is very well built. I subsequently ordered a Camel auxiliary fuel tank and found these two items are not compatible. The Yoshi interferes with the rear mounting bracket for the tank. In my case I was able to cut the Yoshi bracket and weld in the tank bracket but of course this is not an option for many.

So I just wanted to inform the group if you're considering adding the Camel tank it would be best to buy the Camel tail tidy as well since it is compatible.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

• 1 year later...