Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

How its going

franko

Hi...from freezing glasgow..joined last night don't know why I waited so long..looking forward to some good interaction...cheers

• Like 7

Welcome Franko. Keep warm fella, we're going nowhere 'til end of March at the earliest!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum...a bit warmer here down south! Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 1

How are you liking your Rally Edition then Franko? Have you done much on it / to it?

• Like 1

Yup it's nice..traded my far too fast triumph 1200 xe for it...old enough to be affected by the colour n graphics as I dreamed of a xt 600 Dakar...changed to standard seat n fitted a sump toolbox..kept the origional   exhaust on as I prefer the black n don't like the carbon heat shield...just run in as I bought it late summer so look it forward to zipping about this summer...I hope..

Edited by franko

On 1/11/2021 at 4:26 PM, Great Escape said:

Welcome to the forum...a bit warmer here down south! Cheers,  Steve 

Is that an xr 650 r..in your pic..do you own one...I've seen one for sale in glasgow ..sweating it

Edited by franko

2 hours ago, franko said:

Yup it's nice..traded my far too fast triumph 1200 xe for it...old enough to be affected by the colour n graphics as I dreamed of a xt 600 Dakar...changed to standard seat n fitted a sump toolbox..kept the origional   exhaust on as I prefer the black n don't like the carbon heat shield...just run in as I bought it late summer so look it forward to zipping about this summer...I hope..

Why did you change the seat to a std one?

found it a wee bitty high..also pushed me towards the tank..not as bad as my previous xtz 660 s...basically i bought the bike for colour n gold wheels as the standard bike was fine for me