Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Denali SOUNDBOMB MiniHorn

Firebolter

Bought one of these from Touratech and installed it. You can get them alot of places (Revzilla etc.). Exactly like the stock horn IRT connectors and just a little larger circumference as the stock one but about the same weight. Dang this think is truly is twice as loud! Only 29 bucks and a great replacement and people will certainly hear you!

SoundBomb_Mini_large.jpg?v=1544638768

At 113 decibels, the distinct low-tone sound from the DENALI SoundBomb Mini Motorcycle Horn is twice as loud as a typical 100 decibel disc horn. Designed to be a direct Plug & Play upgrade from your factory horn, requiring no additional relay or wiring harness as long as the original horn has blade-style electrical

Edited by Firebolter
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

yes, love the sound of this little horn - a little more bass then the stock. Just ordered one - 40 bucks in Canada.

Cheers

On 1/12/2021 at 7:53 AM, Firebolter said:

Bought one of these from Touratech and installed it. You can get them alot of places (Revzilla etc.). Exactly like the stock horn IRT connectors and just a little larger circumference as the stock one but about the same weight. Dang this think is truly is twice as loud! Only 29 bucks and a great replacement and people will certainly hear you!

SoundBomb_Mini_large.jpg?v=1544638768

At 113 decibels, the distinct low-tone sound from the DENALI SoundBomb Mini Motorcycle Horn is twice as loud as a typical 100 decibel disc horn. Designed to be a direct Plug & Play upgrade from your factory horn, requiring no additional relay or wiring harness as long as the original horn has blade-style electrical

Put the same on my T7. Plug and play. Plenty loud and Just clears the AXP skid plate

29AC16B7-DFAB-43E2-9E01-EAFC809B2A78.thumb.jpeg.2b1ced08929b780efbb02902fca6eb1a.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to note that I was able to mount this cheap and better horn with outback motortek's crash bar system with a little ingenuity.

• 2 years later...

My mini is loud as hell when I tested it directly on the battery, but got noticeably weaker, even compared to  stock, when connected to the bike using the OEM spades. Has anybody else encountered this issue, and how did you fix it?

6 hours ago, DonaNobisPacem said:

My mini is loud as hell when I tested it directly on the battery, but got noticeably weaker, even compared to  stock, when connected to the bike using the OEM spades. Has anybody else encountered this issue, and how did you fix it?

Bad ground not allowing full current flow.  

Can't remember where our horn grounds, but Trace the wires.  Probably just a loose or dirty connection.  

For some reason I think it grounds near the lower triple or does it use the mount itself as a ground?

Sorry not near the bike right now to check, but have a look.

Edited by williestreet

Finally figured out my issue. Following @williestreet's  suggestion, I checked the wiring and found no issues. Put the horn back on the bike and still no issues. Tightened all the bolts up and then suddenly the horn is weaker again. As it turns out, even hand tight is still too tight for my case, and loosening it up brings back the full volume of the horn. It now sits a bit too loose for my liking, but hopefully the threadlocker I put in prevents the locking nut from vibrating itself off the bike.