Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Touratech Handguards

James

Decided to go with Touratech handguards as I've used them on my XT1200 and wanted wind protection when riding on cold days.

I bought the yellow wind extensions to match the side panels and my Touratech jacket.

I'll add some better pictures of how they cover my hands but I was able to wear my summer gloves with the Oxford heated grips on for over an hour.

20210116_153702.jpg

Edited by James
  • Like 3

Hi James

Like the look of those. If you get a chance I'd like to see a few more pics of the mounts etc.

Have you got a part number?

Thanks

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MagnusR said:

Hi James

Like the look of those. If you get a chance I'd like to see a few more pics of the mounts etc.

Have you got a part number?

Thanks

Here you go @MagnusR

20210121_215307.jpg

Screenshot_20210121-215842_Outlook.jpg

That's great James, thanks very much.

I like the look of those better than the Barkbusters and they look just as strong but neater.

Original bar weights or part of the kit?

Thanks again. 👍

One other thing James; it says on the Touratech site that installation is only possible with the bar risers, is that right?

There was about 10mm gap between the bottom of the mount and the tank on full lock. You could possibly gain more by tilting the handlebars forward.

I fitted the bar risers today because I'm 6'5" so that gave me more clearance.

I also tilted the bars forward which makes it more comfortable to operate the levers when standing up.

Edited by James

On 1/22/2021 at 9:32 AM, MagnusR said:

That's great James, thanks very much.

I like the look of those better than the Barkbusters and they look just as strong but neater.

Original bar weights or part of the kit?

Thanks again. 👍

Original bar weights.

15 hours ago, James said:

There was about 10mm gap between the bottom of the mount and the tank on full lock. You could possibly gain more by tilting the handlebars forward.

I fitted the bar risers today because I'm 6'5" so that gave me more clearance.

I also tilted the bars forward which makes it more comfortable to operate the levers when standing up.

Yeah, I tend to move all my bike's bars forward even at just 6ft. My trials bikes and my previous enduro stuff I fitted risers and tilted the bars forward. Much better for standing up, suffer with a bit of back pain otherwise.

Thanks for your time on this James 👍

Edited by MagnusR
  • Like 1