Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Trip computer select switch relocation

Spuzvica

Hi all,

I remember once seeing someone has relocated the trip computer select switch from its retarted location on the right hand side to a new button mounted on the left-hand side, keeping the original button functional.

I can't find this thread anymore (maybe it was on facebook), but I would like to find out where he or she has spliced into the wiring. I am looking at the wires and a nicely protected number of wires come out off the right-hand side switchgear and I just don't want to cut into that as its "pretty" and well protected from the elements. Maybe there is a connector deeper down I can splice into? Under the tank?

I have prepared a three-button switch gear that will be mounted onto the left-hand mirror mount, see below. Red button replaces the original black one as the one for the trip computer needs to be NC (normally closed) whereas the black ones will be used for zoom in & out for my android phone navigation mounted above the dash and are NO (normally open).

I'll post a DIY tutorial and links to purchase all the components once I am done.

Screenshot_4.png

Edited by Spuzvica
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1