Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What Changes do you wish to make to your T7?

prwatts

For me:  😄

Phone Holder;

Lighter Exhaust Can;

Lithium Battery;

Smaller Tail Tidy;

Radiator Protector;

Bar Risers;

Heated Grips;

Crash Bars and Bungs;

After Warranty Expired: 

Decatted headers and flash ecu;

Suspension upgrades

• Like 1

Very similar to you, basically want to turn it into an ultimate overlander machine.

Lose weight where possible to mitigate adding weight with crash bars, luggage etc.

One thing that I'm really keen to do is either get the plastics wrapped, or get a decal kit to cover them as best as possible. I've been trail riding on my Tiger 800 so far and the plastics have avoided any major damage thanks to the crash bars/ barkbusters. But they're covered in tiny scratches from twigs and leaves etc. Covering the plastics will at least keep them looking tidy underneath, plus it will give me some stylistic freedom. 

9to5adv.com

I love the night fluo scheme my MT nine has. And I will think of a way to night flou my black Tenere a bit more. Has already ordered but not got the rally raid saddle, the Acrapovic exhaust and the saddle bags and rack. 

The wind shield. I will try to find something higher (or lower) there. And the transparent sides will get some attention to. Perhaps plastidip. The suspension is more than adequate for me and my capabilities as a rider.

Basically exactly what you have said prwatts (noticed you're not far away from me). I've ordered most of these but have't got the bike yet!!

I want to sort a tail tidy. I'm thinking of unbolting the whole number plate thing and putting a flexi plate on the handy part that remains (just like a dirt-bike) with the 4 exisiting bolt holes. Then fabricating a small bracket for the indicators.

Interested in some of the parts the T7 rally guys are making too.

Cheers

Rich

Am I the only one who will let the tail be? 🤔😬

In the dirt I want some protection!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rich TT said:

Basically exactly what you have said prwatts (noticed you're not far away from me). I've ordered most of these but have't got the bike yet!!

I want to sort a tail tidy. I'm thinking of unbolting the whole number plate thing and putting a flexi plate on the handy part that remains (just like a dirt-bike) with the 4 exisiting bolt holes. Then fabricating a small bracket for the indicators.

Interested in some of the parts the T7 rally guys are making too.

Cheers

Rich

I agree with the tail tidy.  It sticks out the back way too far.  I want to put a  smaller plate on but I don't want attention for the fuzz.   My bike came from Arnolds and they put a really big plate on.

Have a look at off-the-road.de  they have some nice stuff.  Also the Facebook Group  "Yamaha T7 Tenere 700 World Raid - Global Group"  some of those guys are extreme.

Oh sorry - when you said "T7 Rally guys" I did not twig that they are on the "Yamaha T7 Tenere 700 World Raid - Global Group"

• Premium Member

Rack / Top-box to start with.

Heated grips

led indicators front and rear

scott oiler

barkbusters

when the aftermarket catches up

luggage rack

spotlights

better seat

but because all my bikes have been shaft or belt driven with tubeless tires I need some new tools. But I’m also going to invest in some sort of maintenance course because my skills are non existent because my 4 gs adventures prior to this never went wrong

• Premium Member

A Yamaha won’t go wrong either. Fit mousses to the tires if you have major puncture worries travelling and fit chain oiler, simples, 😉

The rally raid saddle was a great buy. Together with the softening of the suspension has made it exactly as I wish it should be. Much more comfortable. It's now soft, but yet firm. A XT660R on steroids, if you will. The rally raid saddle also improved the wind buffering. Now it's better. But not perfect. The windshield should be a 3-4 cm lower so I get clean air over the helmet.

20190824_155456_HDR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi New Order. The bike looks great, in it's natural environment too! Are you still thinking of removing some of the screen to reduce the wind buffeting?

I am. Or perhaps waiting for a lower screen. I'm sure it will come accessories. Preferably solid black, with black sides to.

Just a few km from where the picture is taken, I had a close encounter with a Reigndeer. Gets your blood pumping, I can tell You. Not as easy to get on a photograph, though. The Reigndeers are probably the most stupid animal that existing. Totally unpredictable.

• 3 weeks later...

My list :

Rally seat 

Tail tidy 

Led indicators 

Exhaust (but not Akra) 

Heated grips

Different tyres from new (already decided a41 Bridgestone ) 

Stickers (depending on colour choice I make in the next week before ordering) 

Crash bobbins front rear. 

Screen was good for me with the standard seat I'm hoping is not going to change or be better with rally seat. I'm 6.4 tall, and so far the best screen I've seen on any bike. 

Aleks 

Have anyone found some good  aftermarket windscreens yet? I have googled and found nothing!!

No i didn't find anything of aftermarket windscreens. I hope they come soon whit a good screen. Yesterday i have ordered a crash bar from sw motech. (new on the website) it looks better than the original yamaha crash bars in my opinion. 

I have temporarily made a windscreen by myself,  by cutting an old, big scooter windscreen and using a heat gun.

Works fine so I will probably buy a 4mm polycarbonate and make it with a little bit  bigger precision.

I'm also thinking about sliding it down somehow when riding offroad. It could protect the headlights then.

tenere_4.jpg.886704b1cf455d8dd99ea8749cd19cf7.jpg

Edited by r2r
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, r2r said:

I have temporarily made a windscreen by myself,  by cutting an old, big scooter windscreen and using a heat gun.

Works fine so I will probably buy a 4mm polycarbonate and make it with a little bit  bigger precision.

I'm also thinking about sliding it down somehow when riding offroad. It could protect the headlights then.

tenere_4.jpg.886704b1cf455d8dd99ea8749cd19cf7.jpg

Top on look cool. Mick 

Top one look cool. Mick 

Edited by Motoadventureman (Mick)

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, New Order said:

I have found a aftermarket windscreen. Looks good to. I think that I try to order one.

Thanks on finding. Please Update if you do get one. 

• 2 weeks later...