Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Lets welcome GP Mucci to the T7 Forum's Euro Supporting Vendor program!

Cruizin

This guy's work on the T-7 is very extensive. Helped build a T-7 for the Africa Eco Race Rally. 

https://www.gpmucci.it/yamaha-tenere-700-skid-plate-by-gpmucci-english/

GpMucci-Paracoppa-Skid-Plate-Yamaha-Ténéré-700-25.jpg

He personally designed a more forward riding position for the bike and also a ton of weight from the bike. He also adjusted the seat angle to allow for the forward progression in both seated and extended standing positions.

Welcome to the Forum @gpmucci .  I really look forward to what you will create with input from our worldwide Tenere 700 owners. 

Thor-wrinkled-black-e1608555657657.jpg

• Like 6

• Moderators

Yep, that is the mother of all skid plates, definitely top of the litter.

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

I think I saw that skid plate on at least one T7 that participated in the Hard Alpi Tour 2020. It complements the design of the T7 and almost looks as if the bike was missing something without that plate.

20200905_120523.jpg

Edited by qInvention
added photo
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, qInvention said:

I think I saw that skid plate on at least one T7 that participated in the Hard Alpi Tour 2020. It complements the design of the T7 and almost looks as if the bike was missing something without that plate.

20200905_120523.jpg

I was thinking the same thing. It looks like it would be OEM part of the bike from the side views.

additionally, those vents will help with overheating on the deep steep rides in the summer here in Idaho. 

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor

Thanks so much!
I started working on this sump guard on one of the first T7s that came to us.
I talked to a lot of fans and how they intended to use it.
In the end it took me a lot of work to decide lines and also to improve it gradually.
It is a great satisfaction to see that they like it.
I have a lot of photographs in every corner of the world of Tenerè with Thor, my sump guard.
Just over the Christmas period I made some upgrades that I will show you very soon.

Meanwhile, I link you to a video where I explain it in detail.

Grazie mille!
Ho iniziato a lavorare su questo paracoppa  su una delle prime T7 che sono arrivate da noi. 
Ho parlato con un sacco di appassionati e di come intendevano usarla.
Alla fine ho impiegato molto lavoro per decidere linee ed anche per migliorarlo man mano. 
E' una grandissima soddisfazione vedere che piace. 
Ho un sacco di fotografie in ogni angolo di mondo di Tenerè con Thor, il mio paracoppa.
Proprio nel periodo Natalizio ho apportato qualche upgrade che vi mostrerò a brevissimo.

Intanto vi linko ad un video dove lo spiego nei dettagli.

Link to video

• Like 3

Great addition to the forum.

Love the skid plate, really improves the lines of the T7.

Hope to purchase one myself soon.

For road/touring riders it looks easy enough to add some “wings” to provide some weather protection down low for your legs and feet. 
I wonder what crash bars will work with it...

• Supporting Vendor
4 hours ago, Marc said:

For road/touring riders it looks easy enough to add some “wings” to provide some weather protection down low for your legs and feet. 
I wonder what crash bars will work with it...

Ciao.

Hepco&Becker, Touratech, Motea and also the OEM will work as high crash bars.

FE3C86D8-106B-43A5-9319-B1CA52A2EEF9.thumb.jpeg.ef5c2fa741984cd89cfd74646c7a12a7.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

It's an amazing piece of engineering, very well planned. I fear it may not fit the Euro 5 Ténéré 700 with the second catalytic converter. I hope it does 🙏

• Supporting Vendor
8 hours ago, NomadLad said:

It's an amazing piece of engineering, very well planned. I fear it may not fit the Euro 5 Ténéré 700 with the second catalytic converter. I hope it does 🙏

Ciao!!

And thank you.
We are waiting the firsts Euro5 here in our area to check the compatibility and eventually modify what it is needed.

We are ready to restart from paper. 🙂

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Has anyone ran Thor (the work of art)  with any high fender kits ?  It’s my understanding that clearance fender to rad is tight . In video I watched of the Camel hf kit it appears the fender hangs a cm or two lower than the rad ?  Which made me wonder about steering clearance? 

• Supporting Vendor

FB_IMG_1617996223939-2.thumb.jpg.d47f63c73e529d7e886fea1185ddfb78.jpgCiao.
Yes, some people does it.

• Supporting Vendor

Thor is enough far from the front fender.

DSC_5067.thumb.jpg.b2b06e56ef0ece8573260875f224ffe6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1