Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Satellite Communication Devices

Yammybound88

I  have been researching SOS Satellite Communication Devices and I have decided on the Zoleo; does anyone have any feedback on this device before I pull the trigger?

Cheers

Don't know about the Zoleo but I have a Garmin inreach that I would encourage you to consider.

thanks after checking all the current devices I think the Zoleo is a good match for my needs and the most reasonable

cheers

• Like 1

Never heard of a zoleo, I have an older I reach as well that works fine. If your communicator is on the iridium satellite network you will have good coverage in a lot of areas,  that would be the only thing to check. I know a lot of the US has good coverage, so I would assume Canada would too, that’s what you would want to check.

Mike

A mate of mine had the zoleo and fir some reason it took in water or condensation. Git rid of that and bought a Garmin, could well have been the inreach unit as he very happy with it.

@MikeCMP yes it is on the iridium satellite network - thanks BTW currently it only works in Canada, USA and Australia.  Cheers

Yeah I read a review on it, having never heard of it, seems alright, good luck if you purchase it and let us know how it works!

one thing I could not find was can you stop the sub and start it whenever you want. One of the things I do like about the bar in units is you can start the sub and end it on a month by month basis as you need it with no fees.

Mike

• Moderators

I've had SPOT since it's inception in 2007? and upgraded to the SPOTX a few years ago. Every device has it's advantages/disadvantages,  but the best feature I like about it is the stand alone ability not requiring a cell phone, so just one less thing to keep charged if in the back country for an extended time.  The Zeleo looks interesting,  looking forward to your impressions on it.

https://www.findmespot.com/en-us/products-services/spot-x

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS