Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Steering Damper Worth it?

duggerc

Been thinking about adding a Scott’s steering damper kit from Camel Adv.  Can anyone comment on this for the T7?   

• Like 2

I had a Scotts damper kicking around so I picked up a Triple Clamp Moto mount. Really like the simplicity of the design and the split collar.

Though I usually put a steering on most dirt/dualsport/adv bikes, after 7000kms I didn't feel it was a must have on the T7, but it was a low cost addition for me and dampers have saved me from many potential bails by minimizing nasty unexpected deflections.

• Like 1

On 02/02/2021 at 3:28 AM, duggerc said:

Been thinking about adding a Scott’s steering damper kit from Camel Adv.  Can anyone comment on this for the T7?   

Check ralle moto, I've had mine and am very happy with the quality and how it performs.. I only use it on the road... 

http://www.mscmoto.com/yamaha-tenere-700

• 3 weeks later...

Not to highjack the post but what are individuals running  "road type stabilizer" or an "off road stabilizer"?

Not sure it is needed on the T7 but I have a Scotts on my Husky TE300i and it is a great piece of equipment. Riding the HV aggressively in the woods I hit the bars on trees occasionally and the damping keeps me from getting launched when the bars twist. (before the Scotts had that experience, took a while to heal) Also cuts the deflection when the front tire hits embedded rock or whatever. I doubt i'll ride the T7 aggressively enough to need one though.

• 4 weeks later...