Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

changes

Mapbook

Uprated rear spring 95 nm from rally raid, the front seems OK, rear hugger, Scott oiler, heated grips, replaced the crap OEM hand guards with bark busters, Keis heated jacket, power to tank bag. Sat nav, switched Fuze block to run all the ancillary's, the seat is more comfortable than it looks but I have a cool covers which helps.

I might look at a aux fuel tank as I do a few iron butt rides Camel ADV have one but T7rally .com have one coming soon. 

At 6' 4'' I find the riding position comfortable the screen is OK but I have an extender i am going to try, apart from the occasional dirt track and camp site I have no intention of going off road.  

Edited by Mapbook
  • Like 1

Please post a picture of this marvellous machine.  Also, what is a rear hugger?   

A rear hugger is a moulded plastic mudguard that bolts to the swinging arm and protects the rear suspension linkages and the shock also the chain guard is incorporated 

Powerbronze Huggers are designed to enhance the look of your bike while offering the practical advantage of reduced spray over the rear end of your machine. - Each hugger comes pre-drilled - No cutting or modification necessary - Specific fitting kit

IMG_1308.JPG

IMG_1309.JPG

IMG_1310.JPG

IMG_1311.JPG

Edited by Mapbook
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Bike looks awesome but the rear hugger looks like a mud trap.  Any problems with that?

On normal road work which the bulk of my riding the occasional muddy track or field it keeps the muck off the rear shock and linkage and reduces the amount of road dirt and spray in wet weather on the rear of the bike. 

It could be a problem in heavy mud.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mapbook said:

On normal road work which the bulk of my riding the occasional muddy track or field it keeps the muck off the rear shock and linkage and reduces the amount of road dirt and spray in wet weather on the rear of the bike. 

It could be a problem in heavy mud.

"It could be a problem in heavy mud."

It would never be a problem for me......I avoid mud like the plague.