Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Rear Rack

Ktmmitch

As promised, we have finally finished developing our Rear Rack for the Yamaha T7, to work in conjunction with our Soft Luggage Racks, or on their own.
We wanted to keep a slim, minimalist design, to compliment the Soft Luggage Racks, as we prefer to travel light with no hard panniers.
They are very light, tubular steel, with a removable rear rack plate.
The 4mm thick aluminium rack plate has slots laser-cut specifically to secure Giant Loop Coyote & Gt Basin bags, as well as Mosko Moto, Kriega & Enduristan luggage systems.
There is also a rubber buffer under the rack plate, to stop the rack damaging the bodywork, and prevent vibration.
Available now from our website for shipping worldwide.

RRP633-1.jpg

RRP633-2.jpg

RRP633-4.jpg

RRP633-5.jpg

RRP633-6.jpg

RRP633-7.jpg

RRP633-8.jpg

146802315_893105801437716_2657317492501756528_n.jpg

146926167_411785333408400_8350197120199672773_n.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Matth said:

Whats that seat cover and whats the benefits?

Looks like a cool cover.  They are great. Have one for my GS.  They allow air flow under yer bum and provide a little cushion as well. 

Back to the topic at hand. The new RR rack looks great!  May end up being the one I’ve been waiting for. 

42 minutes ago, Liquidape said:

@Ktmmitch Do you  have any pictures of the rack on the bike without the side racks in place?  Also what is the installed weight?

Thanks!

1,3kg rack only, will try and get pics without soft luggage racks next week

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Bought the tail and side racks.

Trying to figure out what slots to use to mount Kriega OS-6 or OS-18 (I have both).

I can find a good place for the OS-18 on the side racks but haven't found a good place to mount the OS-6. I can get 3-straps easy but not the 4th.

Not using the OS-Base. 

Can't figure how to mount either the OS-6 or -18 on the tail rack as a 'stinger'

Any ideas?

IMG_9833.jpeg

IMG_0505.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Black99S said:

Bought the tail and side racks.

Trying to figure out what slots to use to mount Kriega OS-6 or OS-18 (I have both).

I can find a good place for the OS-18 on the side racks but haven't found a good place to mount the OS-6. I can get 3-straps easy but not the 4th.

Not using the OS-Base. 

Can't figure how to mount either the OS-6 or -18 on the tail rack as a 'stinger'

Any ideas?

IMG_9833.jpeg

IMG_0505.jpeg

If you mount it lengthways you could use the slot on the rack, and the bars at the front. 
I use 18s on the side on a different rack, but mount them on their side, as you did, and also added the cam straps to join the two over the seat for extra support. It helps stop any remaining “bounce”. 
for the rear rack, if you really had to, as it’s quite small and neat, is to put an extra bracket on the sides with temporary bolts to take any straps for luggage that doesn’t fit straight out of the box. 

Edited by Dougie

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

A shout out to @Ktmmitch for great products.   My side rack/tail rack combo is very versatile and affords many tie down points for bags and accessories.  The @Camel ADV Rally pipe fits fine with some spacers as well.

20230205_064249.jpg.9066584d16e66d6e66222d1f05e76dc2.jpg

1088243047_20221130_144730(1).jpg.8b8a52e718242fa121aa96a41bf7bbc3.jpg

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS