Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Where to buy Acerbis frame guards?

wookee

it's a good idea. I have only 1200 miles on mine before winter and my boots rubbed some of the pain off. 

Mike

Looks like Rugged Roads carries these as well.

I am starting to wish I hadn't bought dedicated master cylinder guard and frame plugs a couple of months ago, these would replace both of those as well as guard the frame a bit.

https://ruggedroads.co.uk/epages/00cbb604-5d1c-407e-8207-580e14387ec5.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/00cbb604-5d1c-407e-8207-580e14387ec5/Products/24666

8 hours ago, Johnnyboxer said:

I bought the last few ones, delivered this afternoon - not even 24hours between order and delivery 

You got the “last few ones”? Ok, how much do you want for a set then? 😄

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone with a quick review on how these work? I read that they collect water/mud?

They have nubs in 3-4 spots on either side, and a large black rubber O-ring grabs the nubs from two points on the guards and wraps around the frame to secure them in place. They also have a couple plastic snaps in the rear set area. They come off in about 30 seconds, on in about 2 minutes. I got mine from T7 Rally along with their swing arm protector. I paired mine with the stick on frame guards underneath to prevent mud and sand from wearing the frame between the two pieces. I ride standing 80% of the time when off the highway - so mine are pretty chewed up already, but hey, that's what they're there for. I agree with burner that they are a little garish, but depending on your graphics kit and other parts, they really grew on me at least with my setup (photo is from when everything was still new). 

tenere.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, yamahabomber said:

They have nubs in 3-4 spots on either side, and a large black rubber O-ring grabs the nubs from two points on the guards and wraps around the frame to secure them in place. They also have a couple plastic snaps in the rear set area. They come off in about 30 seconds, on in about 2 minutes. I got mine from T7 Rally along with their swing arm protector. I paired mine with the stick on frame guards underneath to prevent mud and sand from wearing the frame between the two pieces. I ride standing 80% of the time when off the highway - so mine are pretty chewed up already, but hey, that's what they're there for. I agree with burner that they are a little garish, but depending on your graphics kit and other parts, they really grew on me at least with my setup (photo is from when everything was still new). 

Thanks for the great info.  If you don't mind what stick on frame guards are you using?

1 hour ago, kainic said:

Thanks for the great info.  If you don't mind what stick on frame guards are you using?

I used these ones. Really can't speak highly enough as to how well they went on - a little time with a heat gun and they seriously look like a factory part, very high quality: https://www.acdracing.com/products/frame-stickers-carbon-style-tenere-700-yamaha-t7-xtz-690-2019-2020

I also put some on the rear sets themselves, eBay/ Italian made but overpriced IMO and nowhere near the quality of the acd upper ones, but they get the job done:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stickers-3D-Protection-Heel-Pad-Compatible-with-Yamaha-Tenere-700-2019-Yellow-/223772893571?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Acerbis sucks. Horrible protection. In fact, opposite of protection. It catches mud rocks and water and rubs it with your frame.

It was installed correctly. In the first picture its removed so dont judge by that picture if the installation was ok.

53D6EDAA-1507-4247-9E19-1A2D449AB99F.jpeg

6CF047B8-DB33-436C-8E22-E76999C5251A.jpeg

45A80489-3DDF-417B-B561-56495375B9EC.jpeg

Edited by Oxxa

On 5/17/2021 at 4:22 PM, kainic said:

Anyone with a quick review on how these work? I read that they collect water/mud?

They rub against your frame and damage the paint even more than without it. Check my previous reply on this thread for pictures

2 hours ago, Oxxa said:

Acerbis sucks. Horrible protection. In fact, opposite of protection. It catches mud rocks and water and rubs it with your frame.

It was installed correctly. In the first picture its removed so dont judge by that picture if the installation was ok.

53D6EDAA-1507-4247-9E19-1A2D449AB99F.jpeg

6CF047B8-DB33-436C-8E22-E76999C5251A.jpeg

45A80489-3DDF-417B-B561-56495375B9EC.jpeg

You should have put helicopter tape underneath, BEFORE you attached them

That's what I did and my frame is perfect underneath, after 2 years with these

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JB700 said:

You should have put helicopter tape underneath, BEFORE you attached them

That's what I did and my frame is perfect underneath, after 2 years with these

Can you send me a link to that helicopter tape you are using? Ill chip-paint the frame and apply the tape, and re-install the acerbis frame guard.