Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

18x2.50 re-rim question

Canadian-t7

Question

Will a  18x2.5 36 hole rim (excel) mount up using the stock tenere spokes or do I need different spokes too? Not looking to buy a complete wheel or wheelset, just want to change rim. I see off-the-road.de sells the rim and spokes but they don't have any details on #pn . TIA 

3 answers to this question

I ordered the rim and spokes from off-the-road I'll post part numbers if they are available once I receive the wheel. Hopefully someone in North America will be offering rim options soon.

• Like 3

Thanks for this. I heard Warp9 has complete wheels coming for the T7, I'm waiting for prices before deciding on rim and spoke or complete wheel.

• Like 2

So sort of bad news on the rear rim. Its not an off the shelf wheel. It was a blank 36 hole excel wheel that's custom drilled.  No part numbers for the spokes so all I can do there is measure them.