Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Greeting from Minnesota

x-treme

Hi everyone, just signed up and wanted to say hi. I’m really interested in the T7. I have been reading/ researching the heck out of this bike. I have owned a Suzuki DRZ400 and a KLR. I am more of a casual off road rider as I don’t have the experience or skills to hammer down. I am more of an explorer when off road. Mainly a street/touring type. I have a 2016 Goldwing and average around 12-13,000 mi/ year. I love traveling on the wing but really like to take off and see where those dirt roads and trails lead. I haven’t had an off road capable bike for a few years now and have been reading about the new bikes as they come along. Lots to choose from but what I find is they are to big and heavy. Way too expensive with all the hi tech stuff that is nice but doesn’t interest me. I will control traction and lean angles with my body and throttle. The smaller lighter less expensive bikes won’t take me down the road comfortably with their skinny seats and buzzy characteristics. A few weeks ago I was on my favorite snowmobile forum(DOOTalk) and an article from Cycle World popped up saying that Yamaha had a middle weight Tenere 700 coming to the USA. Long story short, I think this bike is perfect for me. I just need to convince myself to part with $10,000. I know I don’t have much time cuz they are selling fast. It’s hard for me to spend that kind of money without seeing and sitting on the bike. Not like Amazon where you can print out a return label and send it back.  

x-treme 

• 3 weeks later...

I contacted a dealer that I have dealt with/purchased from before. They are asking $9799 and there are no prep or freight charges. Out the door price is$10,505

They are asking for $200 deposit. I think it’s a really good deal!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, x-treme said:

I contacted a dealer that I have dealt with/purchased from before. They are asking $9799 and there are no prep or freight charges. Out the door price is$10,505

They are asking for $200 deposit. I think it’s a really good deal!!

So do I!

Treat yourself to a new skid lid and gloves when you pick it up!

4 hours ago, gone2seed said:

So do I!

Treat yourself to a new skid lid and gloves when you pick it up!

I have a couple nice helmets already that will match the bike and more gloves than I can count!! I will be spending $ for some accessories. Crash bars and rear rack.