Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Customizing

Emmanuel

Hi there. Didn't receive mine yet (hopefully early sept.) but I am considering to custom it a bit. I found Rubberdust did a great concept job for T7. The one I like is the Rally style below.

What do you think about replacing the OEM fender with a "high position fender"? (like in the pic)

yamaha_t7_rubberdust_5_blue_black_rally_l.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

looks great yes done a bit in thePyraneese and the standart mudguard tends to clog up in heavy mud. (see photo) 

Got yours yet? Mick 

IMG_6081.jpg

IMG_6080.jpg

I was expecting the fender's high position to be sufficient for most mud situations. It is supposed to go up but I am not sure by how much. And I think there are brake lines routed on top of the OEM fender.

image.png.ab12d93ef43bf84ef6c6a9c451e3e708.png

4 hours ago, Motoadventure said:

Hi it’s only about 15mm higher 

Then I think a conversion to proper high fender is in order for "mud days".

The back of the high fender will block the radiator, and come to think of it, it will also be blocked with mud. So I am not sure if a flexible mount fender would be better. Maybe something mounted on a 2" pivot of some kind so that when there is no mud it provides a small clearance and when there is mud a bigger clearance. Maybe the mud can push directly on the fender before escaping.   

"In my mind this works. Reality might be a different story." 🙂