Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

ATAS to T7

cabby

• Premium Member

Hi guys new here. 

Huge Yamaha fan from 3 x r1's to xt1200 but the one I loved the most was my 660 tenere however just over a year ago I let it go for an Africa Twin Adventure Sport DCT, why ? because Yamaha were taking too bloody long to bring out the 700.

Anyway, 18 months on and I have to say I still really like my ATAS but it's a beast and I ain't getting any younger (55) so today I verbally struck a deal to chop it in for the new ten. 

So I know I'm preaching to the converted but I have a couple of days to think about it all, so what do you think I will miss or gain by getting the T7 ?? I do pretty much all my riding on road btw.

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi , I was going to get the AT but decided it was way too heavy and bloated for my needs . Just picked up my T7 yesterday and honestly could not be happier with it . You will love it too Yamaha have hit the nail on the head with this bike and the years it's taken to get to production have been worth it .

• Like 2