Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello from Ontario, Canada

Canadian-t7

Hey I'm Mike and like many others I'm waiting for my T7 to show up. The pile of farkles is growing everyday.  I'm going with a 90% offroad/singletrack build....I know its alot of bike, but I like the challenge.  I will likely do a build page once I actually get the bike. 

List:(so far)

-excel 18x2.5 rear wheel w/excel spokes

-Motoz tractionator s/t 140/80/18, 90/90/18

-Yamaha lower chain guide

-Yamaha engine crash bars

-tripleclamp engine case savers 

-Camel adv gut guard

-Camel adv foot pegs

-Camel adv led turn signal relay

-led flush mount front turn signals(r6)

-led stubby rear turn signals (amazon)

-R&G tidy tail

-T7 rally seat joiner kit

-acerbis x-factor handguards

-protaper grips

-renthal ktm high bend fatbars

-custom graphics from backyarddesigns

-yoshimura rs-12 full exhaust

-unifilter foam filter

-shorty adjustable clutch and brake levers(ebay) 

-semi gloss 3m vinyl wrap for windshield 

-ktech .66kg front springs, 90nm rear spring

-aluminum rad guard

-rear abs sensor guard

-seatconcepts hard adventure 2.0 tall seat (ordered)

Anyways, cheers. Always good having a group of like minded people being able to share experiences and story's of there adventures.

Edited by Canadian-t7
  • Like 3

Welcome Mike - lots of accessories to add on for our bikes that's for sure.  Looking forward to the spring.  Cheers

• Like 2

Hello and welcome.  I just joined on sat but am in the same boat-ordered a few items but still waiting for delivery.  Told myself I can’t order anything else till I get riding.  I am in Newmarket area. 
has potential to be a good summer. 
cheers

rob

• Like 1

If this covid crap doesnt kill us all , and I can sneak me and the T7 across the bridge.

Will see you guys this summer

shee!

• Like 2

Ride on Mike, more Canucks !
  With your strict dirt bike intentions & shorty levers you may be looking to soften up the clutch pull?? It’s fair as stock, but in the trails requires a durable arm to manage one fingered & avoid fatigue. 
 Those OEM crash bars you’ve mentioned interfere with any aftermarket extended clutch lever arms. Worth a look if you don’t have those crash bars yet. Or if you’re built like Popeye then the stock action won’t  matter so much. 
  Have fun with the new scoot!

Cheers from way west, 

Les

• Like 2

Good info hammerhead, my arms are very similar to Popeyes so we will see how it goes. I think I  can fabricate around the crash bars if need be in the future. I ride an fz07 daily with shorty levers, and my dirtbikes are always cut down to 2 fingers or less.  I'd rather not have crash bars at all but those hard plastics won't withstand it the first time I sideswipe a tree or lay er down.  

8 minutes ago, T-7 eh said:

Where in Ontario are you from? I am in Burlington

I'm in Cobourg. I have quick access to the Northumberland forest (Northumberland trail riders) and the ganaraska forest. 

• Like 1

Look at you guys on your cheater bikes. I've got one of those too, lol. Hit me up if your going though, any day is a good day to ride there.

• Moderators

Hey welcome to the forum Mike!

Hit me up when you get on the road for sure. I am based out of Peterborough, and work down in Colborne. I will have a Northumberland pass this year again, and am always looking for locals to ride with. Good luck with the farkling!

-Ehren

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

• 4 months later...

Got my bike Friday (June 11th), installed most of my accessories Friday afternoon and Saturday. Rode for the weekend, sent the ecu out to @2 Wheel DynoWorks today, still have the 18x2.50 rear rim  and motoz tractionator st tires. Pretty happy with the bike So far

20210612_124424~2.jpg

20210612_124439~2.jpg

20210612_124457~2.jpg

20210611_122710.jpg

20210614_103730.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 months later...

Built a rally light set up from bits lying around. Used a relay(ground side switched from high beam switch) to power it. Added the alt rider rear rack, x2 1 gallon rotopax's and a garmin 396 for an upcoming 24h rally here in Ontario. Recieved my Camel adv anti bobble  and side stand spring today(its beefy).

Edit: I rotated the rotopax's horizontal since which moves them back another couple inches.

20210828_181202.jpg

20210831_183231.jpg

20210831_183319.jpg

Edited by Canadian-t7
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Nice! Welcome to the crew - good on ya for grabbing the fastest colour!

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

Welcome aboard @KidX.  Beautiful Ontario skies.  Thanks for posting that.  I need to ride that Ontario province.  Maybe someday, the TCAT must be conquered.  

• Like 2