Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 single track Rabbit Valley, CO

T7Kevin

Took the T7's out to Rabbit valley on the Colorado/Utah border and linked some single track mixed with some sand and gravel roads. This bike even on stock suspension made quick work of the rock ledges and loose hill climbs. You do find the suspensions week points while getting hard on the breaks down rocky hills and while hitting whoops/G outs it bottoms out fairly easily. Since this video I have ordered Race Tech springs front and rear, when those come in I will end up having the local suspension guru re-valve the forks and shock while installing the springs. I have had the bike since august and been able to get it set up pretty well for handling the tough terrain around western Colorado. So far i have installed Givi crash bars, Camel Adv skid plate, Camel Adv Anti-bobble head kit, Yamaha rear seat rack, Yamaha chain Guide, Yamaha Radiator Guard, Triple Clamp moto engine and waterpump cover, rally raid headlight guard, Pirelli mt 21 tires and a home-made fender eliminator. I also have a gp1 Dominator exhaust to give it all little more clearance on the right side and bark busters for some lever protection on the way.

Hope you enjoy! Thanks for watching!

• Like 7

Nice video.  Makes me jealous as we don't quite have that kind of riding real close.  I'll have to check out some of your other videos as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you! I love it out here, so many different areas to go ride with total different terrain. I can’t wait for the snow to come off the high country!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mpatch said:

Sucks that the western slope

is a long drive. 
late winter/early spring there’s nothing better 

i haven't ventured up north for riding yet, I plan on doing the alpine loop\ blackbear\imogene pass this summer on it maybe a few trips to moab as well.

• Like 1

The western US has some of the most beautiful and ridable terrain. Your ride that day demonstrates that well. 

You ever been to Eagle Canyon?

38.86020, -110.86554

It's a fun place.

Thanks for the vid.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, giddyap said:

The western US has some of the most beautiful and ridable terrain. Your ride that day demonstrates that well. 

You ever been to Eagle Canyon?

38.86020, -110.86554

It's a fun place.

Thanks for the vid.

Thank you, I haven’t been there yet. I plan on exploring the San Rafael swell area this summer as well! And I agree that western US has some amazing landscape!

3 hours ago, T7Kevin said:

Thank you, I haven’t been there yet. I plan on exploring the San Rafael swell area this summer as well! And I agree that western US has some amazing landscape!

Be sure to go these coordinates. Eagle canyon, Utah - (Coordinates 38.86020, -110.86554)

They are accessed by off road trails, but the freeway crosses high above you via bridges. Fun place!

Eagle canyon, Utah - (Coordinates 38.86020, -110.86554).PNG

Edited by giddyap
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, giddyap said:

Be sure to go these coordinates. They are accessed by off road trails, but the freeway crosses high above you via bridges. Fun place!

Eagle canyon, Utah - (Coordinates 38.86020, -110.86554).PNG

Sweet! thank you i know right where that is at. i used to drive that section of hwy quite a bit back and forth from college. i also have a set of trail maps that have the san Rafael swell area in it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...