Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello from Coloradođź‘‹

T7Kevin

Hey everyone, just signed up on here but I have had my tenere since august. In that time I’ve been able to set my bike up to take on the trails in my area. Here are some picture of the adventures this bike has taken me on!

6CBB7E5D-1C90-4E64-B7B5-575473AF1015.jpeg

5ADDD472-4B86-4749-9664-87F9E763F24F.jpeg

58193985-593F-4DDA-B0A6-01F5D0B35A93.jpeg

020E3918-208F-418D-A8AA-26DE3E7148E7.jpeg

• Like 9

those look like great places to ride a T7! my brother lives in Denver since a year or something... looks like I have to visit him after the rona virus if you keep posting trail pictures and videos like this 🤩

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. Looks your putting the new ride to good use, good on ya..

I'd like to get down your way to ride at some point.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Stener said:

Looks like you changed up the tires to more off road, what did you choose? 

Pirelli MT21 is my guess.

54 minutes ago, Stener said:

Looks like you changed up the tires to more off road, what did you choose? 

Yeah I did the mt21 from pirelli. My friend on the black bike did the scorpion rallys 

56CC38FF-5710-442F-A443-DBC7ADD0D391.jpeg

2CA55057-F80C-43CC-8268-1FBDF34E74E2.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks, Do you get any high speed front end wobble on the highways?

I'm looking for a more off road tire.

1 hour ago, Stener said:

Thanks, Do you get any high speed front end wobble on the highways?

I'm looking for a more off road tire.

Not until like 95/100mph but I’m kinda asking for trouble going that fast on those tire anyways. Pretty decent every where else. The rear has been wearing fast, I didn’t expect it to last to long in the first place tho.

2 hours ago, mpatch said:

I’m guessing  you’re on the western slope?

Yup 👍 

53 minutes ago, whisperquiet said:

Is that one picture with the old building on Schofield Pass?

Yes it’s the crystal mill

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HugoB said:

those look like great places to ride a T7! my brother lives in Denver since a year or something... looks like I have to visit him after the rona virus if you keep posting trail pictures and videos like this 🤩

Hey thanks Hugo, we are still about 4hours from Denver over here but yes the terrain is amazing! Moto-heaven!

• Moderators

@T7Kevin Welcome.  Yep, been to Crystal Mill, great ADV ride. My guess on the first pic is up on the Grand Mesa? I worked in Junction in 2000, love the area and having pedal biked through Fruita up to the top of the Co. National Monument,  my lungs can attest to the high altitude! 

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

21 minutes ago, AZJW said:

@T7Kevin Welcome.  Yep, been to Crystal Mill, great ADV ride. My guess on the first pic is up on the Grand Mesa? I worked in Junction in 2000, love the area and having pedal biked through Fruita up to the top of the Co. National Monument,  my lungs can attest to the high altitude! 

The first picture was actually up on the uncompahgre. Above Dominguez-escalante canyon on the 22nd of November. We ran into quite a bit of snow, rode about 4 miles in the ditch on the side of the rode because it was the only thing that wasn’t a sheet of ice before we turned around.

• Like 1