Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

High Desert Single Track

T7Kevin

Took the Tenere out to the desert for an afternoon ride the other day. Went on some of my favorite dirtbike single track trails to see how the bike would handle the loose hill climbs and tight washes. Even though the bike weighs almost 2x what my kx250 weighs it made short work of a lot of the steep hills but was still nimble in the washes. I am still waiting on my new springs but once my suspension gets done Im curious to see the difference in the bike on the same route. The whoops and deep g outs are where I really find my self slowing down due to constant bottoming out, hopefully once springs are installed and valves are re shimmed those issues will be a thing of the past.

thanks for watching!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mototifosi said:

I assume you were rocking the stock meats ?

Yeah it’s here on the western slope, and no I actually have my pirelli mt21s on it but the dirt was really dry and soft. I also was running street pressure in them so they were a little slippery.

Edited by T7Kevin

16 minutes ago, twowheeltherapy said:

Great video Kevin!  I've got MT-21's on another dual sport and have been using them for years and would love to put them on the T7. Any issues going from the stock 150 to the 140?

Nope no issues. I wouldn’t go any narrower though.