Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Ténéré ordered!

NomadLad

Hello everyone!

I've just put a deposit on a 2021 'Ceramic Ice' Ténéré 700, to be delivered in April.

I also have an '11 Triumph Speed Triple and a '16 Triumh Tiger 800 XCA.

I'm Irish but I live near the Alps in France.

The reason I've ordered the Ténéré is that my Tiger feels like its taking some serious hits when doing more challenging trails and the Ténéré seems much more built for purpose, even though I will be making plenty of modifications to beef it up. Looking forward to being a part of the group 👍

I'll include a pic of me and my friends at the finish line of the Hard Alpi Tour 2020, on our Tigers. I look forward to doing it in 2021 on my Ténéré 

FB_IMG_1613772127903.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kainic said:

Congrats. I placed my order yesterday, told 3/31. We will see.

Congrats to you too Kainic 👍

Here's hoping for early deliveries for both of us 🙏

2 minutes ago, didier said:

Welcome and congratulations.

I ordered in january and it is expected on may. Hope sooner

I see you also have/had a Tiger 👍

Great bike.

I hope you're Ténéré comes early too 🙏

Just now, NomadLad said:

I see you also have/had a Tiger 👍

Great bike.

I hope you're Ténéré comes early too 🙏

Still have my Tiger 800 XRT. Great bike but a bit on a heavy side. So I didn't try offroading with it 😄

• Like 1

Welcome Nomad,

Have you taken the Trumpet to the track.

Followed one around Mid Ohio and the suspension looked sorted for a street bike.

No telling what the owner did to it tho.

Sold the super duke R and have not looked back. I know a few trackday / race guys who will never rider on the street again.

I figure that sooner or later your time is up. Cancer,Heart, that day is one day closer tomorrow.

I resent the Shet out of being told I need to stay home, stay away from friends, give up my life. 

“To  give up freedom to gain security, you deserve neither.”

8 minutes ago, gone2seed said:

Welcome Nomad,

Followed one around Mid Ohio and the suspension looked sorted for a street bike.

Sold the super duke R and have not looked back. I know a few trackday / race guys who will never rider on the street again.

I figure that sooner or later your time is up. Cancer,Heart, that day is one day closer tomorrow.

I resent the Shet out of being told I need to stay home, stay away from friends, give up my life. 

Thanks man, yeah I definitely have the same perspective as you. 

The current Speed Triple I have is the 2011 non-R model, its great for the street. I used to have the 2012 Speed Triple R, that bad boy is the one for the track. Its got lightweight wheels, ohlins suspension, not to mention lots of carbon fiber as stock equipment. Awesome.

Roll on the good days when we're free to ride, properly free, never to be taken for granted again.

Edited by NomadLad

5 minutes ago, gone2seed said:

Welcome Nomad,

🤧