Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere's Stock Headlight LED Replacement

Too Tall

Looking at the parts diagrams available online (RM ATV, etc.) for the T7, I see that none show replacement LED bulbs for the stock headlight.  Only the complete unit is available for way too much money.  Is Yamaha saying these bulbs will last forever?

Can the stock headlight assembly be replaced under warranty if an LED bulb burns out?  May purchase the 4 year extended warranty if this is the case.

Thoughts?

My thought is that I've never heard of a LED emitter "burning out."   They do pretty much last forever, although LEDs will dim over time, very gradually (probably wouldn't notice it at all over normal life of the bike). 

You'd have to read the terms of the extended warranty to know if the headlight unit is covered.  When I asked to see the actual extended warranty document at a dealer it threw them off because apparently no one asks.  Eventually they found it and I read it.  I wasn't impressed by the coverage so I skipped it.  Don't remember what it said about lighting though, if anything. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I had the whole headlight unit replaced under warranty, failed within the first 500km. No questions asked, I thought you were generally covered for everything for 1 year as standard. 

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

On 2/26/2021 at 1:45 AM, tenerecanada said:

I had the whole headlight unit replaced under warranty, failed within the first 500km. No questions asked, I thought you were generally covered for everything for 1 year as standard. 

if you let a yamaha dealer do the intervals even 2 years.. well atleast for me its that way.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 2:17 PM, Too Tall said:

Looking at the parts diagrams available online (RM ATV, etc.) for the T7, I see that none show replacement LED bulbs for the stock headlight.  Only the complete unit is available for way too much money.  Is Yamaha saying these bulbs will last forever?

Can the stock headlight assembly be replaced under warranty if an LED bulb burns out?  May purchase the 4 year extended warranty if this is the case.

Thoughts?

If they don’t die in the first year from crib death I would think they will last the life of the bike if not damaged from debris. 
The BMW GS’s have had LED lights since 2013. Mine is a 2013 and has about 60k miles on it. Haven’t seen any degradation of the lights and haven’t heard of many failures given how many are on the road.