Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Anyone fitted 2nd Power Socket

Noel McCutcheon

• Premium Member

Has anyone fitted a power socket in to the blank space on the opposite side of the cockpit standard socket ? And / Or has anyone replaced the exist power socket with a USB charging socket unit?

Basically I’m wondering if anyone knows if is there is a another spare power connector there to tap connect extra power socket to?  

Thanks.

Edited by X Plane

Yeah i tried to fit but unfortunately i couldn't, I thought i can do it easily but lack of experience want able to fit, then i had to take a motorcycle towing service bring that to shop then he fixed that. but you can do that not a big deal check this video (

maxresdefault.jpg

A 12V receptacle will allow phone charging and many other uses. As well, with a battery maintainer, it makes it easy to hook up for charging.

) hop it will.

Edited by martin348

Hi I have removed my Denali Power hub 2 from my old bike and am putting this on the T7. It connects directly to the battery and gives you a neat separately fused box to take sat nav, USB plugs heated jacket etc from one source. it also gives you the option to have the items contentious working or only when the engine is running.  Mick

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Motoadventureman (Mick) said:

Hi I have removed my Denali Power hub 2 from my old bike and am putting this on the T7. It connects directly to the battery and gives you a neat separately fused box to take sat nav, USB plugs heated jacket etc from one source. it also gives you the option to have the items contentious working or only when the engine is running.  Mick

Cheers Mick, I maybe ridding through Peak District on Sunday on T7 goodness running in 👍

Give us a call if you are, could meet up for a brew if you are close. Are you doing a bit of off road riding or just the tarmac?

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Motoadventureman (Mick) said:

Give us a call if you are, could meet up for a brew if you are close. Are you doing a bit of off road riding or just the tarmac?

Cheers. Be riding from Hull to Liverpool and time permitting could do off-road lanes in thru PD. Know PD tarmac but that’s all. Meet for a cuppa sounds A1. Ta. Messaging maybe patchy as I travel. Thanks 

• Premium Member

Could meet about 1pm sounds practical if that suits? I need to be in Liverpool 7pm / 8pm. Know petrol station near Stoney Middleton if that is appropriate. If not please suggest different time and or location and will see. Cheers

• Premium Member

Fitted a Dual USB unit in and put another Power Socket in the other sides auxiliary spot.

9C5E6CA8-DC33-461F-8006-92556F4797CA.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2