Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Howdy from Albeerta

TeneRico700

Bonjour fellow riders, I am in the process of researching the T7 and looking to sell my Kawasaki Versys 650 and get a Tenere.

The T7 has everything I love about the Versys (comfortable, versatile, just enough power, and the T7 is 100x better looking) plus the off road capability which is sorely lacking on the Kawi.

I have already gained quite a bit of knowledge thanks to this forum, and looking to soak up even more.

I'll be looking at getting my T7 with engine guards, upgraded bash plate, oxford heated grips, aux LED's, barkbusters (are the OEM's really that bad?), and center stand. Along with some soft luggage.

I'm going to miss the versys's full-face-helmet-fitting side cases, and it's 21L tank. but that's about it I think 😛

• Like 1

Barkbusters are definitely worth it. Stay away from outback motortek for your protection items and you should be good. Welcome from BC! Youre going to love the bike!

• Like 2

I was going to go with the OEM engine guards, they seem decent.

Congrats on the new Tenere, always nice to see more Alberta rides on here. Funny thing, I also sold my 650 Versys to move into a T7. They are both great bikes and you will be thrilled with what the new one is capable of. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HucknChuck said:

Congrats on the new Tenere, always nice to see more Alberta rides on here. Funny thing, I also sold my 650 Versys to move into a T7. They are both great bikes and you will be thrilled with what the new one is capable of. 

NICE! Yeah I'm really stoked. I don't have much dirt riding experience so I'm looking to change that asap with the T7.

• Like 1

Welcome Rico!

Take it slow till you know.

“ The only better teacher than A good experience is a bad.”

The bad ones take  longer to heal from.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeneRico700 said:

I was going to go with the OEM engine guards, they seem decent.

Check out hepco and becker engine guards and the black dog cycle works skid plate, they both look awesome as well. I would have gone for those if they were available when I bought my bike.

• Like 2

Welcome neighbor. Need any help, I'm just up/down the road. Got almost a year and 8,000kms on mine. Just added a pipe, ECU tune, and new suspenders. Can't wait to get into it this spring!

• Like 2

I think I have Yamaha disease...