Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

DIY Tank Pad

jeff03064

So, being to cheap to buy a "Tenere 700" tank pad I thought I would try and make one myself. I started off by buying a sheet of this peel and stick non-slip floor traction mat. It's made to go on paddle boards, boats, jet skis etc.

PUNT SURF Non Slip Grip Boat Floor Traction Mat - Paddle Board & Marine Step Pad - Kayak, Surfboard, Paddleboard & Skimboard Deck Padding - Versatile & Trimmable Sheet EVA Foam Grip

After a little trial and error I got it cut into a shape that seems good. This material is cheap, easy to cut, designed for wet environments and made to be walked on. Before I fully stick this on, other than aesthetics, can anybody give me a reason this would be a really bad idea?

diy-tank-pad.jpg

• Like 3

The only thing I can comment is make sure you seal all the surrounding edges to the tank.

Leaves no holes for dust/sand/mud to get in between the mat and the tank or might causes scratches.

Other than that, nice job.

• Like 2