Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Beware: Akrapovic exhaust not road legal for 2021 Euro 5 Models

bctz123

I got news from my dealer that the Exhaust that works on the 2021 Euro 4 models will not be road legal for Euro 5 Models.

Beware of that, I've ordered one and had to return it.

They do not have the price list yet, but I hope it's similar to the one from now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bctz123 said:

I got news from my dealer that the Exhaust that works on the 2021 Euro 4 models will not be road legal for Euro 5 Models.

They do not have the price list yet, but I hope it's similar to the one from now.

Euro 5 sucks😬

• Like 1

On 3/9/2021 at 5:12 PM, bctz123 said:

Unfortunately you are absolutely right. You probably know that this issue is just a matter of corrected papers. They will sell the very exact Akro silencer soon and all they change is that it says it is approved for the EUR5 model. All they do is getting a revised paper from the EU authorities. These EU5 regs suck and are darn useless...

• Like 1

From the pictures that the dealer showed me, they look a bit different, similar to the one from the BMW R1250GS.

I think akra had that exhaust valid for the BMW, Euro 5 model, and they just did a few tweaks and paperwork to make it work with the Terene 700 euro 5.

I don't know about the sound... if it's worth it to get an akra and pay 700-800 euros, with the catalic converted header.

965d6683-cc33-45aa-8de2-e6276c4df064.png

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, chris94 said:

Akrapovic already launched a fully Euro 5 compliant system for the MT-07:

https://www.akrapovic.com/en/moto/product/21267/Yamaha/MT-07-FZ-07/2021/Racing-Line-Titanium?brandId=41&modelId=341&yearId=6264

I'm guessing we'll see the Tenere 700 version soon enough!

My dealership told me it will be available starting May this year and for the Rally in April.

2 hours ago, bctz123 said:

My dealership told me it will be available starting May this year and for the Rally in April.

Isn't it out of the factory on rally edition?

1 hour ago, didier said:

Isn't it out of the factory on rally edition?

Yes! Hence the 1m delay for the normal T7.

I al very curious on how the bash plate will look on the T7 Rally, because they will change it.

I will take some pics later this month when the unit arives to my dealership!

Edited by bctz123
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2021 at 11:34 PM, bctz123 said:

Yes! Hence the 1m delay for the normal T7.

I al very curious on how the bash plate will look on the T7 Rally, because they will change it.

I will take some pics later this month when the unit arives to my dealership!

I just posted pics of the Eur5 Rally bash plate in the Euro5 thread.

On Friday I picked up my friends Rally, it already has the new Akra muffle which has a strange beading that looks like a dent. But otherwise it is a nice looking and even better sounding piece.

Akrapo Rally.jpeg

Dude, that looks massive. Exactly the opposite of what I would like to have on an ADV bike. 

• Like 3

On 4/18/2021 at 12:48 PM, Doc Brown said:

I just posted pics of the Eur5 Rally bash plate in the Euro5 thread.

On Friday I picked up my friends Rally, it already has the new Akra muffle which has a strange beading that looks like a dent. But otherwise it is a nice looking and even better sounding piece.

Akrapo Rally.jpeg

Do you have some sound clips with it?

10 minutes ago, bctz123 said:

Do you have some sound clips with it?

Sorry, no sound files (yet).

Doc

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Buongiorno 

da qualche giorno possessore del modello 2021 euro 5, ho acquistato l’akra euro 4 per problemi di budget🤪 a parte il discorso omologazione, ai fini delle prestazioni cambia qualcosa col nuovo modello euro 5?