Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello from Ingleside, Texas

McDs T7

Just took delivery of my red/wht T700 last week! Wanted to say hello to everyone

Scott McDonald

27032F0B-579E-42CB-9283-CC753132C6DE.jpeg

• Like 6

Congratulations on the new bike.  It looks great and you look happy.  Enjoy and welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

Scott,

Nice looking bike. Did you pick it up in Victoria? If so, I believe I saw your bike while it was still in the crate at the dealership.  I picked up my T7 there a couple of weeks ago. 

So far, I love it. I was installing my Heed bunker crash bars this evening. 

I'm just on the other side of the bay at the Naval Air Station. 

We will have to stay in touch and meet up for a group ride sometime. 

Best regards, 

Chris 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, McDs T7 said:

Just took delivery of my red/wht T700 last week! Wanted to say hello to everyone

Scott McDonald

You need to make a "Happiness Is" t-shirt of that picture!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

6 hours ago, Butter said:

Scott,

Nice looking bike. Did you pick it up in Victoria? If so, I believe I saw your bike while it was still in the crate at the dealership.  I picked up my T7 there a couple of weeks ago. 

So far, I love it. I was installing my Heed bunker crash bars this evening. 

I'm just on the other side of the bay at the Naval Air Station. 

We will have to stay in touch and meet up for a group ride sometime. 

Best regards, 

Chris 

Yes I got it in Victoria, they told me that the other one they sold to someone in corpus. We will have to meet up for sure! 

scott

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Butter said:

Heed bunker crash

I am contemplating which cars bars to go with as well? Are you pretty satisfied with the Heed? What was the ship time frame from Poland?

thanks Scott 

I was impressed with the excellent fit, solid feel, and construction of the Heed bars.  They come wrapped in pipe insulation and bubble wrap before they are placed in the shipping box.  I looked at my paperwork from November and it took 4 weeks from time of order to delivery.  There are a couple of installation videos up on YouTube which are helpful too.  

20210318_090319.thumb.jpg.2139bbe5b9e2dc099810a01651fc4330.jpg20210318_090331.thumb.jpg.6dcc714a4f9a32212bca628713104950.jpg

• Like 1

Hello...I'm new here too.  Waiting for my small town Montana Yamaha dealer to get one in.  April they are saying but we'll see.

• Like 1

Just now, bigsky said:

Hello...I'm new here too.  Waiting for my small town Montana Yamaha dealer to get one in.  April they are saying but we'll see.

On 3/17/2021 at 3:56 PM, McDs T7 said:

Scott McDonald

I like the red/white.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Butter said:

No customs or duty fees. 

thats great to hear, you at the 600 mile mark yet?

I've got about 400 miles of weekend riding now. I really tried to follow good engine break in procedures the first 100 miles with varied RPM and compression breaking. I'm still not sure if that was necessary. Have you reached the 600 mark yet? 

I did swap out the shock spring for a 90NM and that made a big difference. I only need a couple of clicks of preload to get good SAG now. I'm about 190 lbs geared up.  

If you haven't yet, do check your linkage bearings. Mine had very little grease on them. I still haven't checked the steering head bearing, but hear that one usually doesn't come greased well either.