Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hi from Ireland!!

Tony_ruane

Hi guys, ordered my tenere in December and just waiting patiently for delivery.. sometimes impatiently. .  It will arrive when it arrives. 

Ordered the normal version in blue + a few extras. Yamaha 4mm bashplate/crash bars/radiator protector and chain guide.

Normally I ride smaller trials and enduro bikes, and this will be my first 'road' bike in nearly 10 years. Looking forward to it now. 

Tony

• Like 4

Welcome to the forum!, congrats on your new bike!. Any ideas when we can travel to Ireland again...how are things going over there...? I'm desperate to get back to West Cork!  Cheers,  Steve 

Welcome @Tony_ruaneI'm waiting for mine as well.  Another 4 weeks I'm told.  A month late.  C'mon Japan.  Get the bike on a ship and "ship it" here.  

On 3/20/2021 at 12:48 PM, Tony_ruane said:

Hi guys, ordered my tenere in December and just waiting patiently for delivery.. sometimes impatiently. .  It will arrive when it arrives. 

Ordered the normal version in blue + a few extras. Yamaha 4mm bashplate/crash bars/radiator protector and chain guide.

Normally I ride smaller trials and enduro bikes, and this will be my first 'road' bike in nearly 10 years. Looking forward to it now. 

Tony

Welcome Tony, where did you order from?

Not going to name them, but they're a reputable yamaha dealer here in Ireland. Good communication from the dealer at every stage so no issues there.

The factory just can't make the bikes fast enough to keep up with the demand. 

• Like 1

Ii'm not trying to blame or badmouth the dealers. They are at the mercy of the distributers who are at the mercy of the factorys. 

I ordered mine from AMI in Gorey and I know they're waiting on four coming in at the same time so I was curiousvas to wether we might end up picking them up at the same time.

My small town dealer in Montana said they are supposed to get one of each of the 3 color schemes starting in April (then another in May, and the third in June). I'm going to jump on the first one that comes in no matter the color.  He said April on the first one but who knows for sure he said.  He heard thses bikes are still in Japan.  Cant wait to get my T7 ....Montana was made for that bike

• Like 1

My dealer is expecting a few in next week.. says that the first one in has my name on it, and that it's a EU5 model. Not sure if the bashplate will fit with that new EU5 downpipe/cat, but I guess we'll find out soon  enough

I was told yesterday that the next shipment has been delayed 2 weeks and mine is in that. This is killing me, no bike for 8 weeks and counting.

6 hours ago, electric_monk said:

I was told yesterday that the next shipment has been delayed 2 weeks and mine is in that. This is killing me, no bike for 8 weeks and counting.

I feel your pain.