Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

High fender

Wilcollinsphotos

8 hours ago, Wilcollinsphotos said:

I’ve seen some random images but never managed to track them to anywhere useful, but anyone know of anyone that is attempting this? Would look awesome I think. 

It is extremely easy to do. The front forks cross member has two threaded holes to mount a dirt fender. You can get a front plastic WR450 front fender cheap and mount it in minutes. 

Not so easy. You have to redirect the brake lines or even install new ones, because one of the brake line goes from right caliper to left one, crossing over the wheel...

1 hour ago, Juanmiroquai said:

Not so easy. You have to redirect the brake lines or even install new ones, because one of the brake line goes from right caliper to left one, crossing over the wheel...

True that, im sure someone will make a solution for sale.  Ill find a way to reroute when the bike is available here. 

I would suggest to cut the low fender to a minimum, leave the breakline as it it. Benefit is to have the fork protectors still in place when you go for a high up fender.

What is the point of a high fender if the back portion of the low fender is still in place? ... I was thinking that the high fender is there to allow mud and branches to not get caught under the low fender and break stuff. There is an amount of adjustment already available stock. I think you can raise the low fender 20-30mm (to be confirmed). Also, a high fender probably limits airflow to the radiator.

image.png.b43782e9352023717c13316861681622.png

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, al700 said:

R u building one?

What.... Building a high fender? No. No need. The whole stock fender can be raised for spiked tyres, not that I’ll need spiked tyres.

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, bikeever said:

Nice looking one with high fender. Maybe the best at the moment:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6h4AXgoDJK/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

it does look good ... but

I think that he probably cancelled ABS to have dual break lines. I have not found a way for the break lines yet. Most of the high fenders also move to a single disk.

Had anyone fitted an Acerbis supermoto front fender? I think it fits but don't know what happens with the brake lines

6 hours ago, al700 said:

Had anyone fitted an Acerbis supermoto front fender? I think it fits but don't know what happens with the brake lines

Tenere hoch1.jpg

• Like 2

No cause I've cutted only the front of the original lower fender so all lines stay in place.

Edited by Lupo

When I converted my KTM Adventure bikes over to a high fender, I ordered a second brake line (reservoir to caliper) and then rearranged the fittings to connect the two brake lines to the reservoir and then ran one line down each side to each rotor. Once I get my T7, I will look at doing the same. Pretty easy and only takes an hour or so.  

• Like 3

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor

Despite the T7 having the same fender bolt pattern on the bottom of the triple clamp as the Yamaha dirt bikes, unfortunately, you can't simply bolt up a mx fender and go. New stainless lines and a fender mounting bracket are required to make it work.

IMG_3426.jpeg

• Like 8

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Camel ADV said:

Beginning of February. 

Take my money!

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

17 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

Despite the T7 having the same fender bolt pattern on the bottom of the triple clamp as the Yamaha dirt bikes, unfortunately, you can't simply bolt up a mx fender and go. New stainless lines and a fender mounting bracket are required to make it work.

IMG_3426.jpeg

Money well spent 

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
3 hours ago, al700 said:

I guess the fender will be available in multiple colours...

They are off the shelf fenders so all the usual colors are available.

• Like 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com