Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

outback mototek upper and lower crash bars

bigsky

Any opinions on the outback mototek crash bars?  What are you all liking in this regard and why?  

7 minutes ago, DORTx2 said:

I have them, the quality of work on them is trash. I would go another route.

I was considering the Outback crash bars but 800 Canadian was way to much.  And now I learn the quality is poor.  Good thing I didn't waste my money.

The feedback on these seem to differ a lot - some say they are super high quality and can handle a lot of abuse, others say they are crap.. 🤔

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Landshark said:

I was considering the Outback crash bars but 800 Canadian was way to much.  And now I learn the quality is poor.  Good thing I didn't waste my money.

I was super disapointed for the price, the design seems good but the worksmanship sucks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayD said:

The feedback on these seem to differ a lot - some say they are super high quality and can handle a lot of abuse, others say they are crap.. 🤔

Yes it seems to be a hit and miss thing. That means their quality control sucks. The fact there are other options out there without these problems means I would definitely pass on the outback stuff. For the price the issues are unaaceptable.

6 hours ago, DORTx2 said:

I have them, the quality of work on them is trash. I would go another route.

5 hours ago, DORTx2 said:

Yes it seems to be a hit and miss thing. That means their quality control sucks. The fact there are other options out there without these problems means I would definitely pass on the outback stuff. For the price the issues are unaaceptable.

ok...thanks.  Then which ones would you suggest for the T7

5 minutes ago, bigsky said:

ok thanks...Then which ones would you suggest for the T7

Personally if I were to do it again I'd probably go with the heed bunker bars or the Hepco and Becker bars. Heard good things about both. There is a good thread on here about crash bars 

oops...i was had pannier racks on the brain.  I was going to go outback motortek for crash bars, pannier racks , and skid

I have Outback's racks and skid with Yamaha engine guards. They all work fine. I also run Mosko 25's and they work well so far. Modified my racks to accept a Rotopax and a Mosko 25L on each side for the big trips.

IMG_20210130_170351 Small.jpg

IMG_20210130_170431 Small.jpg

Edited by Canzvt
  • Like 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

My experience with the Outback bars was not good.  I’ve commented on this elsewhere on here: crap workmanship, poor fit & wrong sized hardware. Junk.

SW Motech bars fit perfectly until I installed the Dominator headers, cross brace is not compatible.

Going to try Touratech lower bars.

2 hours ago, Canzvt said:

I have Outback's racks and skid with Yamaha engine guards. They all work fine. I also run Mosko 25's and they work well so far. Modified my racks to accept a Rotopax and a Mosko 25L on each side for the big trips.

IMG_20210130_170351 Small.jpg

IMG_20210130_170431 Small.jpg

Damn those 25's look great, I just bought a set of 35's and now I'm a little worried theyre going to be too big.