Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What is WebPush API? Please read for a sec about push notifications

Cruizin

The last update we did a few weeks back is making the next couple updates possible. Next update "Late April" will include WebPush API which will allow (if you choose) to get smartphone/tablet push notifications even when the forum isn't open on your phone.  After the update we will adjust our  settings in "account settings" and choose if or how we want this website's notifications to alert us for certain forum actions.  You can do this for emails and top of forum now in Account Settings/Notification settings. 

I currently set mine to alert me if someone sends me a Pm or @username me in a thread to send me an email currently. I also set it to email me when a thread that I "follow" is updated.  After the update, I will allow those same actions to alert me via my phone as a push notification, same as my Facebook app does. When I silence my phone for the night or during meetings, I'll get a silent display on the screen.  Or I can set it to only send visual push notifications. 

These settings will all be all browser and OS based.  No app needed for this update, but we are working on an app solution. 

Even more good bits coming soon.   I'll announce wen the update is ready to launch. 

• Like 5