Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

mosko moto backcountry offset panniers

bigsky

Hello all...First off I'm reasonably new here and have put out a few posts and I really appreciate everyone's feedback!  LOts of great info to help me make decisions.  If any of you ever get to Yellowstone country hit me up for a ride or pick my brain!  My T7 is due to be delivered in a month...super excited and moving on from my bmw 650 funduro (its for sale if anyone is interested lol).  New luggage will be the mosko moto offset panniers 35/25 liter setup.  Anyone got these?  How do you like em?  Could you suggest a cost effective substitute?  Lastly wondering what pannier racks you're running w these .  Thanks!  

I just ordered the 35's so I'll see how they go. Definitely not something you want to cheap out on if you're going on long trips.

6 hours ago, DORTx2 said:

I just ordered the 35's so I'll see how they go. Definitely not something you want to cheap out on if you're going on long trips.

Dort---What type of racks are you using?  Are you doing 35 on each side?  Thanks

14 hours ago, bigsky said:

Dort---What type of racks are you using?  Are you doing 35 on each side?  Thanks

The original outback racks, Yeah i've ordered 35's on each side.

9 minutes ago, DORTx2 said:

The original outback racks, Yeah i've ordered 35's on each side.

Thanks Dort.  Do you like the OM racks?  Fitment ok?   Do you use a rear rack as well? Some like to put a 25L on the side of the exhaust to make it look balanced cosmetically.  Some go w 35L on each side like you and you must feel the unbalanced look is not a big deal.  I'm teetering on getting 35 on each side as well.  What sold you on 35L on each side?  

3 minutes ago, bigsky said:

Thanks Dort.  Do you like the OM racks?  Fitment ok?   Do you use a rear rack as well? Some like to put a 25L on the side of the exhaust to make it look balanced cosmetically.  Some go w 35L on each side like you and you must feel the unbalanced look is not a big deal.  I'm teetering on getting 35 on each side as well.  What sold you on 35L on each side?  

No the fitment on the outback racks were horrible. I think it only really offsets the look if you actually have offset racks, since I have equal racks I decided to get equal bags I feel it will look more uniform. Also it never hurts to have some extra space. Deciding between the 25 and 35's is difficult without seeing them in person.

2 minutes ago, DORTx2 said:

No the fitment on the outback racks were horrible. I think it only really offsets the look if you actually have offset racks, since I have equal racks I decided to get equal bags I feel it will look more uniform. Also it never hurts to have some extra space. Deciding between the 25 and 35's is difficult without seeing them in person.

ok...Horrible fitment and to be clear you went with their basic rack not the x frame option right?  Seem like they have a problem in that regard with the crashbars too.  Geez...just when I think I have a plan for the rear end re racks and luggage now I'm not sure.  How bad was your fitment problem?  I really want to go w mosko moto bags though.  Any other better choices on racks that will jive with their mounting plate?  thanks for your help

I was struggling with sizes and then my wife found a 20 liter dry bag that we have had for years and it put it all into perspective for me. Ordered Kriega OS 32 this morning.

3 hours ago, bigsky said:

ok...Horrible fitment and to be clear you went with their basic rack not the x frame option right?  Seem like they have a problem in that regard with the crashbars too.  Geez...just when I think I have a plan for the rear end re racks and luggage now I'm not sure.  How bad was your fitment problem?  I really want to go w mosko moto bags though.  Any other better choices on racks that will jive with their mounting plate?  thanks for your help

Sorry for the confusion I do have the x frame. The fitment problem is pretty bad, I had to dremel out the holes as much as I could. Still a hassle getting them on and off, welds were full of porosity as well. Honestly id just give it a google, those mosko plates work with most pannier systems out there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DORTx2 said:

Sorry for the confusion I do have the x frame. The fitment problem is pretty bad, I had to dremel out the holes as much as I could. Still a hassle getting them on and off, welds were full of porosity as well. Honestly id just give it a google, those mosko plates work with most pannier systems out there.

1 hour ago, DORTx2 said:

I just went to the Mosko moto site and the Hepco and Becker work.  I might just go with them all the way around so far as crash bars (people on this forum seem to like them) bash plate to ensure fitment w the bars and pannier rack.  I will just get a couple fuel bottles for the MM pockets instead of a rotopax.   I appreciate your feedback!

5 minutes ago, bigsky said:

I just went to the Mosko moto site and the Hepco and Becker work.  I might just go with them all the way around so far as crash bars (people on this forum seem to like them) bash plate to ensure fitment w the bars and pannier rack.  I will just get a couple fuel bottles for the MM pockets instead of a rotopax.   I appreciate your feedback!

Could look into that camel adv tank aswell if you're worried about fuel range.

i looked into the camel adv a while back but if i remember right it was silly expensive.  Extra fuel is a good idea in Montana.  Sometimes the camping and fishing is quite a ways from the closest gas station.  I will look again at the camel tank -- thanks 

• 8 months later...

Hello,

I have just purchased the Mosko Moto Reckless Revolver 80L bags.

Anyone know the best way to set them up on the T7 with the OEM rack?

I use the Revolver 80's over an AS rack- easy to set up. If you follow the Video instruction, just pay attention to the part where you decide to place the screws and set the bag angles. 

They work really well, you're going to have a great time with them

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paulmc said:

Hello,

I have just purchased the Mosko Moto Reckless Revolver 80L bags.

Anyone know the best way to set them up on the T7 with the OEM rack?

I don't have the 80 set up yet because i'm waiting for the passenger grips to make my own piece to fix the top to but i do have the 40 set up for daily use and i have the cleets meant for the back mounted like this.
IMG_20211130_184358.thumb.jpg.a5be8e77d2b355c17db73eeecf100041.jpg

• Like 1