Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Altrider crash bars

bigsky

Hi all....what are your thoughts on Alt rider crash bars?  I have it narrowed down to Alt rider, Heed, and Hepco Becter for my new T7.  Going one step further....bash plate compatibility.  Per your pick or suggestion on crash bars what bash plate would you pair with it.  Thanks to all.  

The AltRider bars have taken eons to become available, so at this point I'm guessing very few people actually have real world experience with them.  I'd be curious to see what folks think as well.

My experience:  I had the AltRider bars high on my list but couldn't wait as long as AltRider would have me wait, so I went with another brand and hadn't really given the topic another thought since then.  I know AltRider repeatedly mentions how they're never the first to come market with their products and that was definitely true in this case.

4 hours ago, GreatDistances said:

The AltRider bars have taken eons to become available, so at this point I'm guessing very few people actually have real world experience with them.  I'd be curious to see what folks think as well.

My experience:  I had the AltRider bars high on my list but couldn't wait as long as AltRider would have me wait, so I went with another brand and hadn't really given the topic another thought since then.  I know AltRider repeatedly mentions how they're never the first to come market with their products and that was definitely true in this case.

Thanks...what bars did you end up going with?

I picked up the Givi bars for the comparably low weight to other bars, and reasonable price.  Have not dropped the bike yet so I’m not the foremost authority on their utility though.

13 minutes ago, GreatDistances said:

I picked up the Givi bars for the comparably low weight to other bars, and reasonable price.  Have not dropped the bike yet so I’m not the foremost authority on their utility though.

Ok...I'm so glad I joined this forum.  So much good info.  I was originally going to go with the outback motortek full set up (bars, bash, rear pannier rack and rear rack).  I am still going with the mosko moto luggage because its awesome  The price was good AND the pannier racks have an adapter plate for a one gal rotopax that mounts between the left side luggage and the bike.  Turns out it is extremely hit and miss with fitment and quality of the OM stuff bars and pannier rack included.  So I'm leaning toward going Hepco Becker all the way around.  People like the crash bars and the pannier rack goes well with mosko moto.  Just need to figure out how I want to bring extra gas now