Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Acerbis Hanguards Clutch Lever Touching

bctz123

Hello fellow T7 riders!

I've just mounted the Acerbis Handguards X-Factory for the Yamaha Tenere 700 and I noticed on the clutch side it's touching a bit when I extend the clutch lever.

When I press the clutch and let it go, it does not touch.

Do you have any solutions for this?

I've tried mounting it in dif ways, adjusting the clutch lever up and down, but no luck.

I'll attach a gif

small.gif

Edited by bctz123

Does the clutch engage completely? If so just live with it, otherwise the solution is probably a shorter clutch lever...

If you don't feel like spending money and you've got some finesse pull the lever off, put it in a vise, and reshape it a little. Bend the knob back towards the handlebar until you're happy. Just make sure you're not going so far that the knob bottoms out on the grips before disengaging the clutch fully. 

Good luck, have fun!

Edited by Samm

58 minutes ago, bctz123 said:

"...touching a bit when I extend the clutch lever.

When I press the clutch and let it go, it does not touch..."

Just re-read this. You could install an adjustable stop (see pics). The bolt  (m4x0.7 I think) that holds the cable adjustment wheel tensioner can be taken off and replaced with a longer one that pokes through to the other side. You could set that new longer bolt to stop your clutch lever before it hits the handguard. You would also need a jam nut on the bolt head side to tighten down the cable adjustment wheel tensioner...

...but, aside form the lever end rubbing a bit of paint off the inside of your guards, this isn't a real problem right? Just OCD kicking in I'm guessing? 

2118098669_clutch1.thumb.jpg.ad3fa5ead01178db6b739504b665d692.jpg

1743278353_clutch2.thumb.jpg.b019d4328d96c9029d9072b05bb788db.jpg 

Thanks for the response. OCD yes. It not touching when I pull in the clutch and let it go, but only when I push it a bit (like when you test the free play).

I'll test your idea with the longer screw and see.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bctz123 said:

Thanks for the response. OCD yes. It not touching when I pull in the clutch and let it go, but only when I push it a bit (like when you test the free play).

I'll test your idea with the longer screw and see.

Short levers and 1 finger clutch from camel adv... Don't stop spending... 😅

• Like 4
  • Haha 1