Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Greetings from a citizen of two cities (Toronto, CA & Phoenix, US)

Phil TOR.PHX

Hello all, a real pleasure to join the community!

I purchased a 2021 T7 in white and red and am awaiting delivery.   Quite the back-order of parts and bikes in general here in Toronto, Canada.  A renaissance for motorcycling, for sure.

I am making way for the Tenere through the sale of a Multistrada 1200S.    A deliberate move to a leaner, more purposeful adventure bike.    I also keep a 2013 1200GS in Phoenix, Arizona, where I spend a good part of the year so I haven't completely given up on big, heavy motorcycles... but I may after a few weeks on the Tenere, we'll see!

cheers, 

Phil

20170701-DSC08018.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Welcome to the forum.  That looks like one heavy Duc for off roading.  😉

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

...with a 17" front wheel, Michelin Pilot Road 4's and 150hp on tap, it was definitely a sports tourer!

That said, she did a lot of miles on dirt and gravel roads.  Pretty impressive personality change when you switched to Enduro mode. 

Time to move on... still waiting for my new Tenere to arrive!

• Like 2

• Moderators

Welcome to the forum! Did they give you an expected delivery date?

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

Third week of April, so about a month after ordering.  

Fingers crossed!

• Like 2

This is the response from Yamaha Canada that I received when I inquired about a delivery date to my dealer.

"Due to limitations in production because of the current global situation, and with the demand exceeding the production, we are experiencing delays in deliveries. We have no information as to any specific units, unfortunately.

Every effort is being made to deliver units to dealerships as quickly as possible and I know that it is very frustrating for you and your dealer to not have a firm delivery date.

I’m sorry this is ambiguous but we do not want to provide dates that are unrealistic given the delays at factory, shipping, etc. We ask you keep an open dialogue with your dealership and they will provide information once they have confirmation.

Your patience is appreciated."

So, good luck on guessing when your new machine will arrive.

• Like 2

^^ considering the bike & the current global situation, this was almost a predictable eventuality. Even more reason to be glad I jumped on the early deposit program when I did.
   Hope your new scoots arrive soon, can’t imagine the frustration of having no idea when.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

...which is why everyone should have two motorcycles 😁

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

In the meantime, I can stare at my new Enduristan Blizzards and imagine they are strapped to my T7, climbing a switchback in the Atlas Mountains, and not a corner of my man cave. 

E9477C95-74AE-4824-AF0C-23CC9C557217.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Still no T7 for yours truly. The good news, sort of, is that I sold the Ducati quickly and for a good price.  

The bad news, I am now wondering if my bike is trapped in Egypt ☹️

Here’s the latest on Yamaha‘s and Ducati‘s trapped on the supertanker that blocked the Suez Canal.

It appears that the Egyptian government is holding the tanker and it’s 18,000 cargo containers hostage, as some kind of ransom. They want the shipping company to pay a fine of US$1 billion, including over $300 million for ‘loss of reputation.’

In the meantime, motorcycles and parts sit baking in the desert. 🥵

(The pages of the attachment got mixed up. Read middle, top, bottom.)

1716F3BB-90DB-4436-AE73-06718CC02386.jpeg

06F41946-7BDA-409C-BF4F-A0EF9597DCBF.jpeg

F625618A-FB6B-4E74-B3EA-4C164973EDFE.jpeg

Edited by Phil TOR.PHX
  • Thanks 1

That's just bad, bad, bad for the Yamaha Tenere and it's customers.  I think Canadian customers will get theirs, however, there are delays still.  I'm glad I got mine in the colour I wanted.  I love this bike.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates? I'm just east in cobourg, was told April, then may, now June. I have a plethora of farkles collecting dust waiting to be installed. 

• Like 2

Hang in there baby!  It will come eventually.  You'll know more about this bike than any other you have owned long before you take possession of it.  Weird eh?

Tell us what's in the heap of farkles so far.  It will help pass the time.  I think there is a thread on here for that.

• Like 1

I've been very patient, but just had to talk to my dealer today (it was over three weeks back that I got the last update).   He told me to not worry, my bike was not trapped in a container on a hijacked boat in Egypt.  Well, I have that going for me.  Unfortunately, @Canadian-t7 it is not yet in Canada either... 

My farkles are too gathering dust!

• Like 1

@Phil TOR.PHX yeah, I was told "3rd party production delays" last week.  Because there's really no control over  that,  what I heard was you'll get it when you get it.

• Like 2

My dealer got a sum-total of three for the entire season, and only one white one (mine) so I feel virtually happy.  😁

I sold three bikes over the past six months, so there's room in the garage.   I did keep one, so I'm not without a ride!  👍

Edited by Phil TOR.PHX
  • Like 1