Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

OEM chain stretch - how much have you adjusted since new?

ADVUSA

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2021 at 8:33 AM, ADVUSA said:

How many times have you taken up slack and at what milage?

One thousand, two hundred and seventy one miles. 
I moved the adjusters .036" (.91mm)

• Like 1

It depends on your riding style. My one's very smooth and on road, so I'm adjusting it for the first time at 10,000 km. I know my usage isn't average, not only for conservative riding style but because I ride on A and B roads, very little motorways, no town where the chain gets stretched more easily. 

• 2 weeks later...

Quick questiln to you, good people: adjusted my chain and the manual says there should be no space between the adjusting blocks. 

As you can see on the pic below, theres no clearance, but the bolt itself is slightly tilted to the left. Is this okay? Many thanks for the help 🙂

A4876348-6596-4E88-A25B-4EB912524750.jpeg

6 minutes ago, JayD said:

Quick questiln to you, good people: adjusted my chain and the manual says there should be no space between the adjusting blocks. 

As you can see on the pic below, theres no clearance, but the bolt itself is slightly tilted to the left. Is this okay? Many thanks for the help 🙂

A4876348-6596-4E88-A25B-4EB912524750.jpeg

You’re good, they all look like that!