Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

500 Million users phone numbers and personal info leaked from Facebook, posted online

Cruizin

This isn't bike related, but as a website/Forum owner, the lack of security in Facebook's software really pisses me off.  Even Mark Zuckerberg's phone number is listed for all to see on some hacker website. Thats how lax their platform is. 

Facebook IDs, Phone Numbers, full names, locations, birthdates, bios, and — in many cases — email addresses were hacked and posted. If you have Facebook, your info was probably shared on the database. 

Scammers and hackers are gonna have a field day. 

60686ebe856cd700198a30b8?width=1200&form

The data includes phone numbers, Facebook IDs, full names, locations, birthdates, bios, and — in some cases — email addresses.
  • Like 2

So, what to do? 

1. Whatever Email account you used to sign up for Facebook, you need to change that Email Password. Use a password manager and Change your password to at least an 18 digit password of complete Gibberish symbols, letters, numbers.  The Password manager stores those passwords for you, you don't need to remember them, just the password to the password manager. 

2. Whatever websites that use that email for login, go visit those website and change those passwords too.  Important step.  Also set up 2FA as a second step for logging into websites. Use Google Authenticator or a similar authenticator service. DO NOT use text messaging to sign into website, because Facebook just got your phone number leaked to all the scammers and hackers in the world. They can easily intercept your text messages, log into your different accounts and lock you out of them.

3. Consider deleting your Facebook account.  They dont give a shit about your security and cannot be trusted with your info.  The Government should shut them down, but they won't.  At least remove your phone number, birthdate and other personal info from your Facebook Profile/About Me section of Facebook. 

• Sad 1

Don't buy stuff made in China, don't join in on any social media platforms, don't buy Alexa devices (we can here you) etc. etc.

Do ride your T7 in place of these activities.  And don't forget to take lots of pictures and post them here.  

• Like 4

and this is why im sooo glad i deleted my fb account last year.

• Like 2

All these news story’s continue to be a good reminder for me why i don't have Facebook. Life is too short to spend it reading about acquaintances fake lives anyway.. 

If you have too much time on your hands, get a motorcycle. If you still have too much time on you hands, get another motorcycle. Repeat until you don't have too much time on your hands.

• Like 2