Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Ideal Tool Kit for the Tenere 700

bctz123

Question

Hello dear Tenere fam,

I am trying to build the perfect tool kit for the T7. Right now I have on me all type of tools, some from my other bikes, but I want to build something 100% for the tenere.

I am curios is any of you can share the tool kit that you carry around all the time, and that you can perform most of the needed tasks in case of something.

Thanks,
B.

7 answers to this question

Tire/wheel removal tools, 21” tube and patch kit, pump of your liking and a few sockets or wrenches for the fastener sizes.

Smaller Vice Grips is the one tool that I always add to the tool kit along with a good multi-tool, I like leatherman waves or charges. 
Other than that the usual band aid repair stuff aka zip ties, jb weld of some sort, duct tape, etc. Some carry a few extra chain links along with a couple of master links, I don’t. 

• Like 2

Here is one thread on the subject.

After that I added under the seat two tyre levers and tools to the get wheels off.

Also have a tool tube under the rear rack. There I have a good bicycle pump, some fuses and patches and so on.

• Like 1

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

Tools to do the job easy to find, keeping the weight down is another thing. Love to see some.pics of service tool weight savings.

My tool kit is way too heavy!!

Edited by Stevoh

Maybe You have too many tools in Your toolkit? I don't carry everything with me. Just enough so that in case of a puncture or some technical failure I get out of the woods.

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

Definitely possible! I'll have to fork out for lighter tools 

IMG_20210410_190248278.jpg

Edited by Stevoh
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Stevoh said:

Definitely possible! I'll have to fork out for lighter tools 

IMG_20210410_190248278.jpg

What's the use/purpose of the giant pliers? I'd go with the next size smaller vice grips and maybe it's just the pic but that pump looks huge. 

I'll do away with the pliers and replace the vgrip with a smaller needle nose vgrip, I could go a bicycle pump, but mini compressor stays I think.

There is a camel back water bottle too I include in the tail bag,

Tail bag included all that weighs 5kg