Jump to content
Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Oxford Vs Yamaha heated grips preference


T700
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I’ll be ordering my bike next week ready for hopefully a December delivery and thought about ordering the add ons already , any preference with the Oxford over the Yamaha ones, most bikes I see go with Oxford but the Yamaha controls look like they blend in well with the grips vs an ugly control box hanging of the bars.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member

I had Yamaha ones on my tracer and could set your hands on fire, yet I've had 3 separate sets of oxford on various bikes and only one set was overly warm.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have had had Oxford on another bike and was happy with them until I tried the grips on my bmw. 

The yamaha ones are expensive but they integrate very nice with the bike and look nicer. 

I am definitely ordering my bike with the grips although I don't ride in winter anymore.

Worth the money to have toasty fingers in the morning hours. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member

Go Yamaha. Nicely integrated controller and grips look nice. Warmer that the ones of old to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes fitting is s bit of a pain. purchased a cable to plug them in but after complexly stripping the bike the female plug does not exist. so plugged into my Denali hub. not got them working just yet but hope they are as good as the GS ones.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2019 at 8:27 PM, Motoadventureman (Mick) said:

Yes fitting is s bit of a pain. purchased a cable to plug them in but after complexly stripping the bike the female plug does not exist. so plugged into my Denali hub. not got them working just yet but hope they are as good as the GS ones.  

Female plug is located under the sidecover on left side. Plug and play. The female plug is closed with a dummy to keep it waterproff. The hardest part was to remove the left side grip on the handlebar. They are are glued on and I had to cut it of with a knife. On the throttle side, I bought a new throttle roll. It took me less than 10 minutes to install it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, still couldn't find it but wired to the Dinali power hub so all good. You don't have any instructions or photos for the center and installation or photos do you? 

Cheers Mick     

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Motoadventureman (Mick) said:

Thanks, still couldn't find it but wired to the Dinali power hub so all good. You don't have any instructions or photos for the center and installation or photos do you? 

Cheers Mick     

Instructions are included in the bag with cable. The heated grips are unisex. The cable is the same as Tracer 700. The female plug is taped (electrical black tape)together with the cable to  the left indicator. Places under the  side cover, top left.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sonderjude said:

Cheers #i thought that but at there was a matching one on the other side assumed it was for spotlights. I was looking near the position shown on the fitting instructions marked MT07.

 

The extra cable details you  have sent has now been removed from Yamaha's extras for the T7 and dealer agreed it was possibly for the MT07  and a mistake by Yamaha. 

 

The center stand has no fitting instructions with it and Yamaha do not have any available which is quite poor really and despite phone calls to several shops no one has any. I could spend hours trying to figure it out  as it has different spacers, back plates and thicknesses of washers and instructions would make it a whole lot easier    

 

 

Thanks for the advice Mick 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Motoadventureman (Mick) said:

Cheers #i thought that but at there was a matching one on the other side assumed it was for spotlights. I was looking near the position shown on the fitting instructions marked MT07.

 

The extra cable details you  have sent has now been removed from Yamaha's extras for the T7 and dealer agreed it was possibly for the MT07  and a mistake by Yamaha. 

 

The center stand has no fitting instructions with it and Yamaha do not have any available which is quite poor really and despite phone calls to several shops no one has any. I could spend hours trying to figure it out  as it has different spacers, back plates and thicknesses of washers and instructions would make it a whole lot easier    

 

 

Thanks for the advice Mick 

 

 

The cable is still on the T700 side in Denmark:

 

2019-Yamaha-XTZ700-EU-Tech_Black-Action-

Den officielle produktside til Ténéré 700. Siden indeholder de tekniske specifikationer, medier til download og en oversigt over relateret tilbehør.

 

Click on the button  "Valgfri dele" down right.

 

 

image.png.e163654a9a415ff7d27ec6217527f717.png

Edited by Sonderjude
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Motoadventureman (Mick) said:

(...)

The center stand has no fitting instructions with it and Yamaha do not have any available which is quite poor really and despite phone calls to several shops no one has any. (...)

I have just uploaded an instruction 

https://www.tenere700.net/forums/topic/301-center-stand-fitting-help/?tab=comments#comment-2026

 

Edited by r2r
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Guys, I’ve ordered my Tenere today but not receiving it till December when the first batch arrive in Australia, I think I’ll go with the Yamaha ones as they blend in better with the control on the grips and probably install them myself 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

Our Friends

Tenere across the USA

Tenere 700 Forum. We are just Tenere 700 owners and fans

Tenere700.net is not affiliated with Yamaha Motor Co and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of ea individual author and do not represent Yamaha Motor Co or Tenere700.net .

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.