Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Where to mount a Powerlet outlet?

Farscape

I want to add a Powerlet outlet on my T7. The spare hole on the right side is sized for a 12v socket and way too big for a Powerlet without some sort of adapter I would have to rig up.

So, any other places to put one? Pics if you have them. I want to look into options before fabricating an adapter.

Cllena Motorcycle DIN Hella Powerlet 12v Power Socket Outlet Plug Waterproof

I got this off Amazon and it mounted straight into the right side with no modification. Fits my powerlet for my heated jacket and battery tender perfectly. 

• Like 1

I used one from Narva. 

linkedin-share-logo.png

Through innovation and market development, Narva is the leader in Automotive Lighting and Electrical Equipment. Our range include the latest in L.E.D driving lights, globes and accessories for 4x4, emergency, trucks...

Can't remember which one but an easy fit.

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

5 hours ago, Baggey22 said:

Cllena Motorcycle DIN Hella Powerlet 12v Power Socket Outlet Plug Waterproof

I got this off Amazon and it mounted straight into the right side with no modification. Fits my powerlet for my heated jacket and battery tender perfectly. 

Perfect! That's what I was looking for. Something that fit that opening. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for possibly a dumb question. How do you access the underside of the right side opening to install another outlet? How much of the dash needs to come apart?

27 minutes ago, Amani said:

Sorry for possibly a dumb question. How do you access the underside of the right side opening to install another outlet? How much of the dash needs to come apart?

You’ve  got to remove the headlight 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have the highway Dirtbikes set up with the upper dash and it works great for a powerlet connector - which I have hardwired to the battery with a fuse so I can run a compressor and charge the bike without needing a key. I’ve done this to all my bikes and they work great. 

476B91DF-605A-4A5F-9D6F-51ADB9647388.thumb.jpeg.3d1a3a9cb0338b029f52a9eb02d33ab0.jpeg

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 8:37 PM, smurph said:

I have the highway Dirtbikes set up with the upper dash and it works great for a powerlet connector - which I have hardwired to the battery with a fuse so I can run a compressor and charge the bike without needing a key. I’ve done this to all my bikes and they work great. 

476B91DF-605A-4A5F-9D6F-51ADB9647388.thumb.jpeg.3d1a3a9cb0338b029f52a9eb02d33ab0.jpeg

What are the red and black buttons controlling?

52 minutes ago, kainic said:

What are the red and black buttons controlling?

Missiles and chaff! 
actually …. Nothing at the moment. I moved the bars over from my WRR to the T7. One was for my ADVMonster led 60 lights and the other was just a spare. I miss my adv lights and on the hunt to replace them. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 12:26 AM, smurph said:

Missiles and chaff! 
actually …. Nothing at the moment. I moved the bars over from my WRR to the T7. One was for my ADVMonster led 60 lights and the other was just a spare. I miss my adv lights and on the hunt to replace them. 

Do you know if order Dash w/Cigarette Socket Mt & 2 PB Mts  or something else?  I think the typical powelet needed 28-29 mm?