Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Greetings from below sea level

Chris1974

Hello fellow Tenere 700 enthusiasts. 

I am Chris and at the moment I am 46 years young. I live in The Netherlands in a small village close to Groningen. I have 2 kids and my own buisness in 3D printing. I am a Mechanical Engineer by trade.

I have ridden a lot of different bikes, Suzuki Tempter, Harley Sportster, Harley Hardtail custom, Harley Softail Heritage custom, Honda Transalp, Ducati Monster 900, Transalp again... And now I have this Tenere 700.

I loved riding on the Transalp. In many ways it is similar to the T7. It is light, comfortable en offroad capable. It is a very practicle bike and I liked to ride it a lot.

So after seeing the T7 on youtube (Fortnine) I really started thinking of trading in my Transalp and Ducati for the T7.

A quick phonecall to my local shop and I had ordered the T7 in black.

Quickly sold my bikes and fortunately I didn't have to wait that long. After about one month my bike was delivered to the shop.

So now I am the proud owner of this gorgeous T7!!!

I am still in brake in period, but already I love to ride this bike!!! I am 1,90m (6'1" I believe) and this is the first bike I own that really fits my posture... Transalp always looked a bit small for me...

Modfications are sure to come. So far mounted a phone holder and a battery tender. Did the seat hack thing so I don't need the allen key to remove the front seat.

Looking for a decent rear rack and topcase and perhaps an extra USB socket in the cockpit

See you on the road!!!

Screenshot_20210402-175556.png

Edited by Chris1974
  • Like 7

Hi Chris 👋,

I'm one of your zuiderburen. For many years I worked for a large 3D printing company in Belgium, but moved on to other industries. Still have a few hobby printers in my man cave though. I've been using them for some T700 upgrades as well. Interested in hearing about your business.

If you're looking for parts for your bike, check out bartang.eu. They are operating out of the Apeldoorn area and Peter rides a T700 himself.

• Like 2

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

Hoi Chris,

Rob hier, woon ook vlakbij Groningen (Eelde) bezit sinds twee weken ook een T7 (jaar oud).

Mocht je nog s zin hebben om stukje samen te toeren, laat maar weten.

Zelf probeer ik het off-road wat onder de knie te krijgen, dus ik probeer voornamelijk het onverhard op te zoeken.

Groet,

Rob

• Like 1

21 hours ago, duibhceK said:

Hi Chris 👋,

I'm one of your zuiderburen. For many years I worked for a large 3D printing company in Belgium, but moved on to other industries. Still have a few hobby printers in my man cave though. I've been using them for some T700 upgrades as well. Interested in hearing about your business.

If you're looking for parts for your bike, check out bartang.eu. They are operating out of the Apeldoorn area and Peter rides a T700 himself.

Hi Duibhceck, If you want to check out my buisness go to this link

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RobBonting said:

Hoi Chris,

Rob hier, woon ook vlakbij Groningen (Eelde) bezit sinds twee weken ook een T7 (jaar oud).

Mocht je nog s zin hebben om stukje samen te toeren, laat maar weten.

Zelf probeer ik het off-road wat onder de knie te krijgen, dus ik probeer voornamelijk het onverhard op te zoeken.

Groet,

Rob

Hoi Rob, Dat is inderdaad vlakbij. Dan moeten we maar eens een mini meet doen. Ik ben nog aan het inrijden en moet veel km maken. Wil nog een cursus offroad gaan doen ook. In Drenthe.

Prima idee!

heb zelf ooit met vrienden van me, cursus gedaan bij Adventure

Adventure Bike Experience Center - Op zoek naar avontuurlijk motorplezier? Adventure Bike Experience Center heeft motoren, toebehoren en verzorgt onderhoud.

Eigenaar, Arnold, leuke vent, heb ik mijn vorige motor xt660z, bij gekocht.

Geeft een cursus volledig op maat en op niveau.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chris1974 said:

Ik heb contact met Adventure Shield in Eserveen. Dat is ietsje dichterbij voor mij.

Aanrader! Albert heeft veel ervaring en kan het vooral ook heel duidelijk en goed over brengen.

• Like 1

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your new bike.  Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 1

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the club!  Great bike and good choice 😊.  I do recognize the location of your photo it's ten minutes from my place.

Looking forward to meet you somewhere someplace.  Maybe you should consider to join the DTA  (Dutch Tenere Association)  easy going people and cosy meetings and  OTR's

See you

• Like 1

Thank you grat escape.

Dipstick, Would be nice to have a mini meet. We don't have to travel too far 😅

I am waiting for nicer weather. Since the bike is still brand new I dont want it to get too dirty right away...