Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

When are the Tenere's going to arrive for 2021?

Mikebike

Hello all,

I have been patiently waiting for my Tenere.  It was supposed to come in in March, but March has come and gone.  I am now concerned about the bike not being available in Canada for the riding season.

Does anyone have any info regarding new units getting to dealers?  

I has been a long month waiting for a bike that never appeared.  The dealer says Yamaha Canada does not give them any info on delivery dates or availalility.

Mike

• Like 1

That's what my dealer says as well.  I have contacted Yamaha Canada about it and they tell me they are coming... some day.  Patience my man, patience.  Not that I have any.  Can't wait and  now the weather is getting lovely.  My neighbour has 5 bikes.  I wonder if I could borrow one of his spares.  

Hi LandShark,

I found a bike in Brandon, about 2 hours away and was all set to pull the trigger on it.  I would much rather buy from the dealer I have been dealing with for years so I emailed them to see if they had heard anything from Yamaha Canada.  I did not get much of an answer except it is supposed to be in in April now. 

I was just about to buy the one in Brandon and gave my buddy a call.  He asked if I had checked Kijiji. I did and there are bikes all over, it seems Yamaha is delivering wherever with no regard to customers who have already agreed to buy a bike.  This could just be a covid thing.

So my confidence in getting a bike from my dealer is way up and I will wait till it arrives.  If anyone else is waiting for a bike in Canada check Kijiji, a lot of the dealerships use it to list the stock they have.

Mike

• Like 2

My Rally Edition landed in Hull today!

I'm popping into 5 Ways in the morning to drop off the bits and tyres I want fitting, should be riding it home by Saturday!

Ordered it in December.

:classic_smile:

• Like 3

I'm also in Canada and put a deposit on one in February. The dealer said it would get here late-March/early-April, but when I checked in during the first week of April, they said they didn't even have a date from Yamaha yet.

I ended up finding one available immediately a few hours away so I went with that. If you search around you may be able to find one.

• Like 1

I put money down in late February for an April bike.

Then it turned into a April/May bike

Today they are saying May/June bike.

I am in Wisconsin, USA

Luckily I have a few "spare" bikes around to choose from!

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

I recieved a call from the dealership last Wednesday that delivery of my bike was pushed ahead to May now.  The salesman told me he understands if I buy  a bike that is available and that they would have no problem selling my bike when it comes in.   

I called Brandon dealer and purchased it : )

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 8:54 AM, Mikebike said:

Hello all,

I have been patiently waiting for my Tenere.  It was supposed to come in in March, but March has come and gone.  I am now concerned about the bike not being available in Canada for the riding season.

Does anyone have any info regarding new units getting to dealers?  

I has been a long month waiting for a bike that never appeared.  The dealer says Yamaha Canada does not give them any info on delivery dates or availalility.

Mike

Yup... same issue here. Sales agreement written up in January. Still no word when the bike is coming. First it was March... then April.... April is almost over. I kinda wish the weather hadn't been so good this year but oh well :). 

• Like 1

It's here!!!!!

ten700.jpg

Edited by MagnusR
  • Like 6

On 4/24/2021 at 5:48 PM, smurph said:

Yup... same issue here. Sales agreement written up in January. Still no word when the bike is coming. First it was March... then April.... April is almost over. I kinda wish the weather hadn't been so good this year but oh well :). 

My dealer called me today to say I can pick up my new Tenere on May 5.  I waited a good length of time but finally it has arrived.  I have a feeling yours will be in this Edmonton delivery somewhere.  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Landshark said:

My dealer called me today to say I can pick up my new Tenere on May 5.  I waited a good length of time but finally it has arrived.  I have a feeling yours will be in this Edmonton delivery somewhere.  

Hmmm. That’s very reassuring news! I’m glad you got word yours in coming with an actual date. Fingers crossed mine is too. Thanks Landshark 👍

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 12:14 PM, smurph said:

Hmmm. That’s very reassuring news! I’m glad you got word yours in coming with an actual date. Fingers crossed mine is too. Thanks Landshark 👍

@smurph,did you find a T7 and get a delivery date?  

Mine will be here in 3 more days.  Stoked and can't (but will have to) wait.  3 days!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Landshark said:

@smurph,did you find a T7 and get a delivery date?  

Mine will be here in 3 more days.  Stoked and can't (but will have to) wait.  3 days!

Hey @LandsharkYup. I almost gave up on the dealer as a friend said he saw two on the showroom floor of another dealer. Sure enough a call to my dealer and they said I can pick it up Thursday - May 6. Looking forward to riding it! Congrats to you, too. 

Edited by smurph
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, smurph said:

Hey @LandsharkYup. I almost gave up on the dealer as a friend said he saw two on the showroom floor of another dealer. Sure enough a call to my dealer and they said I can pick it up Thursday - May 6. Looking forward to riding it! Congrats to you, too. 

Good deal.  Go to albertadualsport.com to hook up with me on a ride some time.  I'm in Spruce Grove.  

• Like 1

The US dealer that I ordered from on Feb. 8th told me that Yamaha is never very transparent when it comes to shipping products and fulfilling orders.  He said that they often times only know to expect what was ordered when they finally receive an invoice from Yamaha.  They have still gotten no word on my T7 from Yamaha since I put money down to order.

Edited by Mud_Butt

Same here.  I live in Montana and put $ down in Feb.  April delivery became May now June is the ETA.  I just hope that it doesn't get pushed back to July.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 3:39 AM, Landshark said:

Oooo you'll be excited then just now!!!!  Enjoy NEW BIKE DAY!

• Like 2

YouTube - RIDER GUIDER - check out my T7 playlist and say hello 😀 

6 hours ago, RIDER GUIDER said:

Oooo you'll be excited then just now!!!!  Enjoy NEW BIKE DAY!

I will, just because you said so.  Best advice I've got in weeks.  Thanks @RIDER GUIDER

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, bigsky said:

Same here.  I live in Montana and put $ down in Feb.  April delivery became May now June is the ETA.  I just hope that it doesn't get pushed back to July.

I'm in Montana, as well. I put money down a couple of weeks ago. I was told the end of August but possibly earlier. Best of luck to you. May it be sooner than later. 

- Brian

On 5/4/2021 at 9:17 AM, Brian K. said:

I'm in Montana, as well. I put money down a couple of weeks ago. I was told the end of August but possibly earlier. Best of luck to you. May it be sooner than later. 

- Brian

Brian...where do you live?  There are a few T7 owners in MT that are going to get together for rides/camping if you're interested.  I'm in Livingston.  Another guy in Bozeman, another in the Bitteroot Valley.  

• Like 1

I ordered my bike in Feb. and I just got word it should be here tomorrow or Tuesday.  I am in Minnesota.

• Like 4

On 5/5/2021 at 10:43 AM, Brian K. said:

Belgrade. How about you? 

What dealer are you working with? 

Awesome...I'm in Livingston.  Working with Alpine Yamaha my hometown dealer.  Another T7 owner named Micheal in Bozeman is all about doing some rides.  Lets go for a ride when everyone's bikes get here

• Like 1

Video Message of President & CEO Yamaha Motor Europe

• Confused 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~