Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

diagnostic tool for tenere 700

sebti

Someone knows if a diagnostic tool is available for the T7? I suppose it's the same than mt07?

someone has tried?

Find "mobylette rollers" on social medias ! 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

So, i have the answer, it's on my website ! 🙂

obd2.png

Un article expliquant comment faire le diagnostic des codes défauts sur la Yamaha ténéré 700. En utilisant un lecteur OBD2, c'est très simple!

It's in French but it's easy to understand with photos 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2019 at 11:37 PM, sebti said:

So, i have the answer, it's on my website ! 🙂

obd2.png

Un article expliquant comment faire le diagnostic des codes défauts sur la Yamaha ténéré 700. En utilisant un lecteur OBD2, c'est très simple!

It's in French but it's easy to understand with photos 🙂

Cool website! 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Greetings fellow motorcyclists.

My bluetooth diagnostic tool read one code which I am not sure is any of my concern. I pressed "show all (also hidden)" and when I did so one code came up.
When I did not press "show all (also hidden)" the code did not come up.

The motorcycle has just passed it's initial service 1000km and it rides perfectly fine.

The message from the diagnostic app:

Car Scanner ELM OBD2
DTC report
Selected brand: [OTHER BRAND]

==================1===================

P1EF5
Raw code: 1EF5
ECU: Engine control unit[Archive (inactive)]

I have a good feeling that the code is of no concern and I should leave the "show-all-button" alone.

What are your thoughts?

A list to the code's description will be greatly appreciated.

Have a good one and always ride safe.

you have the list in the technical manual of the bike 😉

• Like 1

Nice write up.

I had just received the connector cable to interface with my ELM Bluetooth OBD2 device. I've been using that on my 4 wheeled vehicles for several years. Excited that this will work with the T7.

I got the connector cable from eBay if anyone is interested.

s-l400.jpg

(4 Pin to OBD2 OBDII Diagnostic Cable Adapter fit for...

• Like 2

Great thread! Thanks to the OP and all who have contributed so far. As someone who’s last interface was Tune ECU (KTM 990R) I am new to this approach. Can we continue this discussion? My nearest Yamaha dealer is a 215-mile trailer tow round trip. I do not use dealers for any service work. Here is a former example: 1983 VFR-750 Enhanced Ground up restoration. Previous owner had allowed the cam chain tensioners to go to bare metal. I bought it cheap. Yes, it turned out quite well.

vfr5.thumb.jpg.ceff344c58a5f8e5c1724058f5b2c52d.jpg

With the referenced interface cable and examples of the following devices, is it possible to diagnose and clear error codes with the shop manual on the Tenere 700? I suspect that these devices are not as powerful as Tune ECU was. Could someone with more experience explain the limitations? I am looking to get as close as possible to the Tune ECU functionality on the T7 (as insurance, not that I really want to change that much, it’s very well designed). Any alternate suggestions or specific references would be greatly appreciated. If the device can work on my 2005 Toyota Tacoma all the better. Thanks in advance for any input.  

Examples: 

https://www.amazon.com/AUTDER-Honeywell-Professional-Bluetooth-Diagnostic/dp/B07SX78XM8/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=Bluetooth+OBD2+device&qid=1595117413&sr=8-8

https://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-Wireless-Bluetooth-Diagnostic/dp/B005NLQAHS/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Bluetooth+OBD2+device&qid=1595117639&sr=8-3

• Premium Member

Does any garden variety obd2 code reader work on the Tenere 700? 
I have an older code reader, and already got myself the yamaha to obd2 adapter. 

My ECU has not arrived yet, (when it does I'm told I may have to clear a few codes after it was flashed, hence why I got the cable) 
but as it sits, I cannot check to see if my obd2 code reader will work with the bike. 

Has anyone tried a regular/ obd2 code reader? 

Tazmool

• Like 1

I've tried my cheap Vgate VS450 OBD2 reader with a similar adapter lead to the one above and it seems to work fine.

Can these OBD2 readers perform a reset of the fault/warning light?

• Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 6:16 PM, sebti said:

you have the list in the technical manual of the bike 😉

Thank you for your reply.

The technical or service manual can be found in the link below.

You don't say there is a separate technical manual, do you? I did try to search for my fault code however my particular fault code was not printed in the service manual.

My heart says that the code that I picked up is of no concern to me and I should relax.

The upcoming diagnostic check at 10.000km might give out some more information. For now I'll be riding as if everything's alright.

Edited by Maskina
typo on / in