Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Waiting for t7 to show in USA.

blurmtnridr

Hey guys, welcome to the forum. I own the joint and also live in the USA. We have like another year to wait before we can get our bikes. 

So, until then please feel free to help me get our off topic section going busy.  Only logged in members can see it, so feel free to enjoy actual humor in there as we wait for Yamaha to get the bike to us. 

I'm really hoping that Yamaha gives us an "off road" version with a proper high fender on the front. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

New here as well in the U.S.  Was looking to go back on the street to commute after 9 yrs but aside from that mostly looking for back road and trail fun. 

My journey went from riding mountain roads to track days followed by some road racing.  Switched to dirt exclusively a while back and now want to mix the two up.  The T7 looks to fill that void well.  Talked to a local dealer  who is willing to do a $100 refundable deposit for their first one to show up.  Tempted for sure !  

High fender option would be great.   I'm sure the aftermarket or low volume fabricator may step up if there is enough demand.  Off to check out the OT section. 

Thanks

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Frayed said:

My journey went from riding mountain roads to track days followed by some road racing.  Switched to dirt exclusively a while back and now want to mix the two up.  The T7 looks to fill that void well. 

Speaking from a new owner perspective it's exactly that. Brilliant off road I have to say and brilliant on it, especially the small bumpy roads that a sportbike would tie itself in knots. I've just commuted today on mine and went the long way back home down cow poo, mud and leaf infested bumpy roads and the bike was planted, comfortable and flying. You won't be disappointed.

Cheers

Rich

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I was at the Yamaha HQ in Georgia Monday and was able to throw a leg over and crank up the T-700 that will be at the IMS in Long Beach later this month. 😁 it sounds awesome! 
They will release all the info ( price and pre-order instructions )we are waiting for on Nov 22 at 11:01am.  The Japanese plant goes into production around the first of the year and we “should” see the bikes in May/June timeframe... 🤞🤞🤞🤞 
#tenereacrosstheusa

CAEC29C3-8C89-4912-B157-03327CF25C86.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, PNWTEN said:

I was at the Yamaha HQ in Georgia Monday and was able to throw a leg over and crank up the T-700 that will be at the IMS in Long Beach later this month. 😁 it sounds awesome! 
They will release all the info ( price and pre-order instructions )we are waiting for on Nov 22 at 11:01am.  The Japanese plant goes into production around the first of the year and we “should” see the bikes in May/June timeframe... 🤞🤞🤞🤞 
#tenereacrosstheusa

Glad you got aboard and fired up T7 😀.