Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha tenere seats

JohnStewart
AZJW
Message added by AZJW,

Moved from Seat Concepts paid for Vendor section.

Why o why can Yamaha Manufacture not solve this sore butt Issues with the size of this firm surely they can sort comfi seats out I have had 650 miles on my bike  since October last year with lock downs due to coronavirus and I am due to sell it after getting seat recovered twice to try and ease this horrible seat problem thinking of going to Honda Africa twin 

• Haha 1

A lot of us think the stock seat is great. 

There are options available if you don’t the factory seat. Seat concepts. Corbin. Sargent is working on theirs. 

Even yamaha makes other seats. 

Sounds like you keep throwing money at the wrong solution. Good news is your T7 will sell fast. 

• Haha 1

I couldn't handle the stock seat either, I purchased a ralley seat it was worse, I ended up putting gel insert in stock seat, almost perfect, I too was ready to sell my bike it was so uncomfortable, there are threads on here showing how to do the mod.

Seat threads are like "what's the best oil" questions! The seats are the same but our butts are all different. I didn't mind the original two-piece seat but I found the rally seat just that much better! @Stevoh and @JohnStewart, clearly your butts don't have the same opinion!! Hope you find a solution with an aftermarket product or modding the Yam seat.

I don’t think you can blame Yamaha because your butt doesn’t fit the seat.

I’ve personally found the seat fine and so have a few of my friends with T7’s.

I’ve changed other stuff on the bike to suit me and my riding, that’s what you do, but I wouldn’t expect the manufacturer to be able to cater for every individual rider.

Contacting Seat concepts for a new seat might be a better idea than just recovering the stock seat, or as you say, sell the T7 if you just can’t live with it.

I don't mind the stock seat but it could be a little softer.  I chuck on an Airhawk for extended rides to help stop the numb bum. Does the trick for me.

Own a BMW F800GS then you will learn what a Shet seat is!

I have the rally seat and am happy enough to do a 500km day.

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

i'm used to KTM 350s and 535s.

the seat is basically a small Austrian 2x4 covered with vinyl.
the idea is you should be standing for maximum balance, or something

the tenere seat is a luxurious couch in comparison.

I was out for a ride yesterday on the GSA that wears a seat concepts comfort. If I was doing 1000 mile days ,it would be the first  choice.

I paid for a rally seat when I picked up the T7 last Oct.

No joy yet. Stock is not bad for me for day trips. Just stand up when the ,knees, back, or butt complain.

On 4/17/2021 at 5:21 PM, JohnStewart said:

Why o why can Yamaha Manufacture not solve this sore butt Issues with the size of this firm surely they can sort comfi seats out I have had 650 miles on my bike  since October last year with lock downs due to coronavirus and I am due to sell it after getting seat recovered twice to try and ease this horrible seat problem thinking of going to Honda Africa twin 

How much?

What color?

Where are you at?

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

I’m with cstatman, had enough KTM’s and their Austrian Oak seats to love the T7 seat.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NvNick said:

I’m with cstatman, had enough KTM’s and their Austrian Oak seats to love the T7 seat.

Hi got seat wider and done away with joint on seat got it covered as one seat wow its good now hid it out a blast today after getting seat back from upholstery man it is red in color done 710 mls it is going for its first service next week i,v been offered £7500 after paying £9300 6 months ago i,ll be keeping it now that seat is alot better anyway i,m in Ayrshire Scotland UK

Haementeria ghilianii (Just Teasing)

Edited by Hibobb

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

I may have the most sensitive ass of anyone here on this forum. In 7 bikes and 7 seats I've found them all to be lacking in one way or another. My favorite, by far, has been Russell Day Long saddles: clunky looking but wonderfully comfortable. During last winter's group buy I took a wild-leap and tried a Seat Concepts Sport Touring Comfort seat. It's half the price of the RDL, and 95% as comfortable. I MUST recommend it. It doesn't interfere w standing on the pegs, has a grippy surface I don't slide around on, yet is comfortable enough for as much riding as I can do in a day.

YamahaT7SportTouringCFGwRear_medium.png?

Height: OEM Width: 13"  - OEM width 7" Details:The T700 comfort sport-touring seat provides you with an increased level of comfort and support to aid with those long days on the bike. Note:Available as a Foam & Cover Kit...

The seat and cover quality is really good, and I fitted it myself without difficulty  (a second pair of hands made it easier).

Now.....why Yamaha couldn't fit something like this as OEM....is anyone's guess.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 11:53 AM, JDCooper said:

... and tried a Seat Concepts Sport Touring Comfort seat. It's half the price of the RDL, and 95% as comfortable. I MUST recommend it.

I have this seat on mine and I agree; it's the perfect T7 seat for me.

On 4/23/2021 at 10:53 AM, JDCooper said:

"Russell Day Long saddles: clunky looking but wonderfully comfortable"

I have a RDL seat on my ST1100, and it is exactly as you described, plus being more than a little expensive!!

I will be looking forward to giving Seat Concepts a chance. My bike isn't here yet, and Seat Concepts is not offering the one piece comfort version yet. I will report back later...

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~