Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha USB socket

LD711

Question

Hi Guys

I have just installed the Yamaha USB socket (part no YME-FUSBU-00) but cannot locate the two pin connector, can anyone point me in the right direction please

2DFDFD46-C863-4549-AB67-DCEA3DD6645C.jpeg

10 answers to this question

The connector is taped to the frame under the right front fairing. Tape, wire and frame are all black, so it's a bit camouflaged..

• Like 2

19 hours ago, WalterT said:

The connector is taped to the frame under the right front fairing. Tape, wire and frame are all black, so it's a bit camouflaged..

Hi Walter

Thanks for the reply, I’ve had another look but still can’t find this oval socket, I can see the rectangular two pin socket and the three pin socket but that is all, bike is in for 600 mile service tomorrow so will ask the mechanic 👍🏻

A43F8953-C991-4524-BC31-4EA4A77B8101.jpeg

12455413-B24B-476A-B946-8673C66CC68A.jpeg

• Like 1

It sits a bit higher than the tri pin, on the right hand side is the free one. U der the fairing if you search you will find 

The connector you are showing in the picture is not equal to the two-pin connector mounted on, at lest my, Yamaha Ténéré 700. 

The Yamaha Ténéré 700 has three (3) auxiliary connectors, two (2) connectors on the right hand side of the bike when you are sitting on it, and one (1) on the left hand side of the bike. There are two  three-prong Sumitomo MT-090 connectors, one per side, and one (do not remember the manufacturer) two-prong connector on the right hand side.

All three connectors are located under the two painted panels up front, all the way at the top, fastened with black electrical tape.

Pictures attached showing the connectors on the bike.

I have four different items;  Auxiliary Lights, GPS, Heated Grips & a USB plug, connected to the three accessory outlets.

2-prong.jpg

3-prong.jpg

• Like 4

YME-FUSBU-00 is listed as compatible with the FZ/MT/XSR line, NOT the T7.  You'd have to swap the connector with either of the two suggested in this thread (which is pretty easy to do).  It's a little silly from Yamaha.  cycleterminal.com has the connectors. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 12.56.24 PM.png

• Like 2

All three of the aux connectors are switched and they are all leading to the same fuse.

• Like 2

According to the wiring diagram, the three pin connectors (92, 93) are on the accessory fuse (4) and the two pin connectors (94, 95) are on the auxiliary fuse (7).  I put both my led bar and heated grips on the 3-pin, the aux fuse is only 2.5 amp and the accessory is 10 I believe.  They are all switched. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 1.23.53 PM.png

• Like 5

15 hours ago, SpankyPineapple said:

According to the wiring diagram, the three pin connectors (92, 93) are on the accessory fuse (4) and the two pin connectors (94, 95) are on the auxiliary fuse (7).  I put both my led bar and heated grips on the 3-pin, the aux fuse is only 2.5 amp and the accessory is 10 I believe.  They are all switched. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 1.23.53 PM.png

Thanks for the reply and the schematic, will swap the connector over 👌🏻

• Like 1

On 4/20/2021 at 6:58 PM, orbsurfer said:

2-prong.jpg

I found a couple of online seller about this connector. The original brand is Furukawa but this socket doesn't on their catalogues.

You can find similar (I think it is compatible) product on Amazon.co.uk 

Yuquanxin 2 Pin Electronic Female and Male Automotive Connector Auto Household Connector Crimp Terminal Connector DJY7021A-2.3-11/21 Durable (Color : 10 Sets) : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive

And Also You can find on ebay.co.uk too. The socket will come from Poland or Bulgaria. 

s-l400.jpg

Yamaha 3 PIN ConnectorYamaha MT07 MT09 FZ07 FZ09 Tracer Tenere 1 x MT 3. Yamaha 3 PINS MALE Connector X2 Yamaha MT07 MT09 FZ07 FZ09 Tracer Tenere MT 3. I have for sale Genuine 2 pins plug for Yamaha Auxiliary DC...

Best wishes 

Enjoy the weekend 

Cagatay

• Like 1