Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

ASV Levers - Tenere 700 now available!

Stoltec Moto

• Supporting Vendor

This post has been a long time coming.  One of our favorite upgrades addresses the notoriously long-reach Yamaha clutch lever, offers an amazing level of adjustability, and is built to hinge during tip-overs.  You won't find a better lever for the money - trust us, we've tried them all!

Stoltec Moto is proud to offer these adjustable hand levers from ASV. In our opinion, these are the best levers available on the market. More adjustability than competing CNC machined levers, these levers will be sure to fit a wide...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

We're in the process of stocking these particular levers, so let us know what you need.  International orders are subject a bit longer of a lead time...but that will change once our shelves are stocked.  Unless COVID throws another curveball our way!

• Like 3

961362084_468x60Stoltec.png.007fa8bc922e0e30cea1cde037ff2aa2.png

stoltecmoto.com | 610.252.7232

The Stoltec Moto Build Thread

• 4 weeks later...

Just a heads up the F3 levers don't seem to work with bark busters. They touch the aluminum bar.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 12:19 AM, Scoobyru00 said:

Just a heads up the F3 levers don't seem to work with bark busters. They touch the aluminum bar.

I assume you mean the standard length.

1 hour ago, norton73 said:

I assume you mean the standard length.

I believe the issue is the front of the lever where the two pieces hinge hits the backbone of the Barkbusters. The lever doesn’t fully nest in the mount. 

Mine clear my Cycra Probend CRM by 1mm in that spot. The ASV are bulkier in that hinge area than OEM. 

J

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Goldentaco said:

I believe the issue is the front of the lever where the two pieces hinge hits the backbone of the Barkbusters. The lever doesn’t fully nest in the mount. 

Mine clear my Cycra Probend CRM by 1mm in that spot. The ASV are bulkier in that hinge area than OEM. 

J

Goldentaco is correct. It's a depth issues. I'm going to try and put some spacers in this weekend to see if I can push the aluminum bars out a couple millimeters. I will report back once it's done.

• Like 1

I have ASV Shorty levers, I had to get 20 mm spacers for barkbusters and once I got them everything fit perfectly fine. 

pacificpowersports helped me figure it out - they’re the US dealers 

47BA7384-F8A3-4CFA-BDD5-97CF157C9FA3.jpeg

87CFF62F-E5B4-4AE6-824D-729656069BCF.jpeg

• Like 2

Thank you Dakota for the info and pictures. I will be doing the same thing. Looks like you have a decent gap between the levers and the bars now. Do you think it has to be 20 mm or can I shorten that distance. Looks like I would have the room via your photos but I'm not sure if I'm missing anything

I wonder if the levers are the same as the ones on my wife's FZ-07?  Her bike came with a set and I could experiment before I committed to a purchase. Hmmm...

If only I read this thread earlier.  I returned my barkbusters because I wanted to keep the ASV levers. Got the Hepco and Becker Handlebar guards instead and fits

12 hours ago, Scoobyru00 said:

Thank you Dakota for the info and pictures. I will be doing the same thing. Looks like you have a decent gap between the levers and the bars now. Do you think it has to be 20 mm or can I shorten that distance. Looks like I would have the room via your photos but I'm not sure if I'm missing anything

I think 15mm would do the trick.. maybe? But I didn’t want to have to deal with this a second time. The gap is small enough that it doesn’t bother me. 

On 4/22/2021 at 10:38 AM, Stoltec Moto said:

This post has been a long time coming.  One of our favorite upgrades addresses the notoriously long-reach Yamaha clutch lever, offers an amazing level of adjustability, and is built to hinge during tip-overs.  You won't find a better lever for the money - trust us, we've tried them all!

Stoltec Moto is proud to offer these adjustable hand levers from ASV. In our opinion, these are the best levers available on the market. More adjustability than competing CNC machined levers, these levers will be sure to fit a wide...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

We're in the process of stocking these particular levers, so let us know what you need.  International orders are subject a bit longer of a lead time...but that will change once our shelves are stocked.  Unless COVID throws another curveball our way!

What's the difference between the C5 and F3?

48 minutes ago, nelsonccc said:

What's the difference between the C5 and F3?

C5 are CNC milled, shot blasted, with textured finish, multi color options, and 5yr warranty.

F3 are Forged and available in smooth anodized finish and less color options (Solid colors no contrast), and 3yr warranty.

J

Edited by Goldentaco

I have C5 on my Tenere and F3 on my Bonneville and honestly both are really good. 

Perfect. Thanks. I had the F3's on my YZ for years. They were bomb proof. Looking at some for the T7 but not sure the C5 is worth the extra $60.

• Supporting Vendor

Fit/form function wise, they work the same.  I like the finish on the C5 levers more than the F3, but it's purely personal preference.

• Like 1

961362084_468x60Stoltec.png.007fa8bc922e0e30cea1cde037ff2aa2.png

stoltecmoto.com | 610.252.7232

The Stoltec Moto Build Thread

• 1 month later...