Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Does your side stand have play (Inward, outward)?

TenereCanary

Question

Does your side stand have play in it inward/outward? 
Set the bike off the ground (Center stand or jack), drop the side stand and pull outward, to the left of your bike. Does it have play?

I’ve taken a big off road fall, so I’m thoroughly inspecting the bike, and I noticed this, however I can’t determine if it’s by design to absorb some shock as the bike leans over onto the stand, or if it’s damage.

I’ve removed the kickstand and disassembled it completed, none of the parts show stress cracks or signs of bending, and the kickstand hole/mating surface seems parrallel to my eye (ie not bent open).

Talk to  me tech wizards!

I don’t know why pics are upside down, I’ve tried everything I can think of on mobile.

2DD5EF15-982C-47A4-B7D0-3579883B77B2.jpeg

7977FE28-D208-44CF-BC44-FEE83CE7BD82.jpeg

7 answers to this question

I asked this question in a facebook group a couple of months ago. Several answered they had some play too.

Mine has a good amount of play, but it has worked as it should since then. Guess its normal.

Edited by JayD

Should have a small amount of play...but the Spring is a bit feeble anyway.  I think Rally Raid sell a stronger spring.  Cheers,  Steve 

29 minutes ago, Great Escape said:

Should have a small amount of play...but the Spring is a bit feeble anyway.  I think Rally Raid sell a stronger spring.  Cheers,  Steve 

So to be clear, do you mean inward/outward play? Like left/right where “right” is towards the middle of the bike and “left” is away from the middle of the bike

Mt T7 acts exactly like my 2019 Honda Monkey and 2018 Beta 300rr.  About an inch outward, no movement inward.

Yes when the stand is down there is in and out wiggle seems like a lot and I could see where you would think it’s damaged if you only noticed it after a crash but I have never dropped mine on it’s side and it has a good amount of wiggle so no worries it ain’t broke 👍

• Thanks 1

yes mine has play,  it flippity flops around.

i used the Hillman fastners (ACE hw store) improved spring mod.  so it stays up while riding.    and I am okay with a little play and flex when on stand