Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Looking for Stock Risers (Lower Bar Holder BW3-F3442-10-00)

TenereCanary

Question

I’m looking to see if anyone has a spare “Handle, Lower Holder” ie the stock riser, part number BW3-F3442-10-00.

I’m located in Canada, if you’ve got one let me know, thanks!

11 answers to this question

I might be willing to trade one...

Contrary to all the rage, I'd like a little lower bar rise than stock. 

I've seen Motionpro and Renthal, but both would mess up the esthetic more than the benefit. Any others out there?

• Moderators
On 4/25/2021 at 2:28 PM, TenereCanary said:

I’m looking to see if anyone has a spare “Handle, Lower Holder” ie the stock riser, part number BW3-F3442-10-00.

I’m located in Canada, if you’ve got one let me know, thanks!

Mine is now bent as well, which direction did you end up going? OEM replacement?

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

I ended up going OEM. I rode a 4000km trip with the bent risers and the OEM still in the box. I was expecting lots of drops on that trip so I figured it’s no big deal of it bends more. 

Lots of drops, didn’t bend any more. When I got home I installed the new OEM riser as part of my post-trip maintenance.

Looking back, the original drop that bent the risers was HUGE and was pretty uncommon situation for my landscape. I basically wheelied at the top of a hill climb and the bike tumbled, I’ve since learned my lesson and gained better control to avoid that wheelie situation completely while on hills.

2 hours ago, TenereCanary said:

I ended up going OEM. I rode a 4000km trip with the bent risers and the OEM still in the box. I was expecting lots of drops on that trip so I figured it’s no big deal of it bends more. 

Lots of drops, didn’t bend any more. When I got home I installed the new OEM riser as part of my post-trip maintenance.

Looking back, the original drop that bent the risers was HUGE and was pretty uncommon situation for my landscape. I basically wheelied at the top of a hill climb and the bike tumbled, I’ve since learned my lesson and gained better control to avoid that wheelie situation completely while on hills.

Its possible to bend them back into place.  that's what I did while waiting for my new mount to show up.  Still running the stock lower and the new one is getting lonely.

J

2 hours ago, Goldentaco said:

Its possible to bend them back into place.  that's what I did while waiting for my new mount to show up.  Still running the stock lower and the new one is getting lonely.

J

I will remember that when I go back in time to before when I bought my replacement risers😜

We, at Rally Raid Products Ltd,  are just cnc machining billet lower bar risers, in std, 20mm lower and 20mm higher versions, which will have loose M10 cap head screws (same as KTM etc) so that in the event of a fall and the bolts get bent, it is simple to replace them.

I am on my 3rd set of OEM risers, with cast-in bolts

Edited by Ktmmitch
  • Like 2

On 9/13/2021 at 8:04 PM, Goldentaco said:

J

How did you bend them back into place?  

2 hours ago, roygilbo said:

I could bend mine by hand, but put them in a vise to have better control. Put them on their side on a flat surface and you can tell when they are straight. 

Edited by Hollybrook

23 hours ago, roygilbo said:

Placed in my Rockwell jawhorse iwth one side free and just twisted.  No heating required. It was easier than I expected.

J