Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere Front fender Assembled wrong

Sledgehammer

Question

So i guess the dealer who put my Tenere together didn't read the assembly manual. I straightened out their mess-ups but my ABS wire holder isn't the right size, anyone have a picture of what the Front Fender ABS wire holder is supposed to look like?  

BQCA7644[1].JPG

10 answers to this question

Thanks, So it really just looks they have the wrong size clip on there or my speed sensor wire is missing part of the isolator.  they had the fender adjuster bolts in backwards. I had to pull the fender off tp switch them around. My buddy just purchased his and they left the front wheel spacers out. 

IMG_E6847[1].JPG

Where did you and your buddy buy them at ? Will avoid that place like the plague

Bahahahahaha...How does someone f$&k up this bad.

The difficulty involved in installing that bolt back-asswards should have been a dead give away for the guy assembling this bike.

Wouldn’t trust those idiots to put air in a tire...

CC4402B0-D9EC-4544-952E-25FD8425DFE0.jpeg.aadcc26aae21037f0ab7beba56772b7c.jpeg

• Like 1

I couldn't get the bolt back out without removing the fender, so I am guessing he put it together off the bike.  I purchased mine from Lafayette Power Sports in Louisiana, they were the only dealer I could find that didn't have 5+ pre-sold bikes. 

Older post, but mine was assembled in a similar manner. EVERYTHING assembled by my dealer was wrong and the left side hose clamp is non existent. I should have collected photos, as all of the windscreen plastics were assembled incorrectly also.

Oh, and here are my brake pads:

T7 LF Brake pads.jpg

T7 RF Brake pads.jpg

Edited by worncog

1 hour ago, worncog said:

Older post, but mine was assembled in a similar manner. EVERYTHING assembled by my dealer was wrong and the left side hose clamp is non existent. I should have collected photos, as all of the windscreen plastics were assembled incorrectly also.

Oh, and here are my brake pads:

T7 LF Brake pads.jpg

T7 RF Brake pads.jpg

“Hey boss, this brake rotor won’t fit between the pads”

“Just hammer a cold chisel in between and pry them apart”

It’s hard to get good help these days…

• Moderators

You guys might want to add a review to this thread for others to benefit from as both good & bad reviews are encouraged.   

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS